Neilson Anyeme

Feb 9, 2016
Firstly, I must say I'm resposible for getting the device to a state where Factory Reset was the only option. Most will understand that the device must be customised to individual taste. Haven taken responsibility, I expect the ROM to hold a full copy of the image at any given time. So, when Factory Reset is called opon the device is set back to as you got it the very first time. The ROM image should neither be able to alter no matter what you do!

I guess that's not the case. Mine seems to have been altered. Factory Reset doesn't restore the device to the full factory state. Many core components were missen. Redering the device unable to use TCP connections and many other functions.

Interestingly, OpenElec seems to have retained all functions. But I need the Android part for web access! I'm in contact with support and hope to resolve the problems by reflashing the device with a new image.

Suggestion are welcome ! I'll be reviewing the device later with a few suggestions on how to improve usability with a little redesign of the interface.

It's a fantastic device with limitless posibilities !

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Firstly, I must say I'm resposible for getting the device to a state where Factory Reset was the only option. Most will understand that the device must be customised to individual taste. Haven taken responsibility, I expect the ROM to hold a full copy of the image at any given time. So, when Factory Reset is called opon the device is set back to as you got it the very first time. The ROM image should neither be able to alter no matter what you do!

I guess that's not the case. Mine seems to have been altered. Factory Reset doesn't restore the device to the full factory state. Many core components were missen. Redering the device unable to use TCP connections and many other functions.

Interestingly, OpenElec seems to have retained all functions. But I need the Android part for web access! I'm in contact with support and hope to resolve the problems by reflashing the device with a new image.

Suggestion are welcome ! I'll be reviewing the device later with a few suggestions on how to improve usability with a little redesign of the interface.

It's a fantastic device with limitless posibilities !
Hi

Factory reset always put box to its default state to the latest ROM version that is installed on the box and there are no exceptions ,this is simply how it works.

If you flashed or updated firmware,factory reset can only reset box to default of its latest firmware,it can not revert back to previous one,unless you manually install it !

Regards

Neilson Anyeme

Feb 9, 2016
Hi

Factory reset always put box to its default state to the latest ROM version that is installed on the box and there are no exceptions ,this is simply how it works.

If you flashed or updated firmware,factory reset can only reset box to default of its latest firmware,it can not revert back to previous one,unless you manually install it !

Regards

I totally agree with you! But that's not what am expierensing here. Something is very wrong with my box. The preinstall folder is almost empty. Perhaps I should mention that my network was hacked. For while now my box has been connected to a foriegn network. Don't have any idea reset wouldn't put it to its factory glory.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I totally agree with you! But that's not what am expierensing here. Something is very wrong with my box. The preinstall folder is almost empty. Perhaps I should mention that my network was hacked. For while now my box has been connected to a foriegn network. Don't have any idea reset wouldn't put it to its factory glory.
Hi

It depends on firmware you are running on the box or if some mods to ROM was already made.

In any case can you email us at [email protected] with your order ID and explaining what happen in details and we will move from there!

Regards