soopagaz

Jan 25, 2015
Hi

I have just enabled SIMPLE IPTV PVR, I have entered a correct URL and it has lots of channels.

I have done everything on SEO MICHAELS page to include it as TV / LIVE TV within the main scrolling menu bar, but it doesn't appear!

please advise how to get it there so I can access the channels.

regards

gary

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which skin are you using, and which skin does SEO Michael use in his guide? Might need to swap skins (System/Settings in Kodi>Appearance>Skin) to get the same results as he did. Failing that, head to the same area but click on the SETTINGS entry just under Skin, and you can alter the shortcuts shown in Kodi's homescreen there.

soopagaz

Jan 25, 2015
hi chap.

he was using AEON skin, which I do not really like.

I am using the wookie retro, new 22/11 version.

I have amended the skin go include a LIVE TV button on the scrolling bar menu, however when I click it, or nay associated buttons below it, all I get is a black screen.

the PVR client is updated with 1188 channels, so no issue on the M3U url path.

can you assist?

gaz

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd start from Confluence first, get it working there (Settings>Appearance>Skin). Once known to be working there, can try to transfer to a new skin via it's Settings entry just under where you select the skin in use.
If it doesn't work in Confluence, check the System Info entry under the System menu in Confluence's home screen for Kodi, it might be worth trying with a different build. https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/kodi-spmc-and-dbmc-downloads/ has some. Please forgive the delay with this response. If a different build doesn't help (with uninstallation or clearing of data), then http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=215 might be the next place to seek guidance.

soopagaz

Jan 25, 2015
hi fella.

I have tried this, the problem I have is, when I go back to reload the mod skin, it doesn't upload the Wookie version, it takes me right back to old Droidboxe version!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
https://twitter.com/wookie_wizardry and https://twitter.com/BestforKodi will likely cover Wookie skin switches not going to plan, I'd make a note of your original Kodi build version, try a different one from the previous link, and if it still the same after that, see if Wookie's team know of a fix for skin switching not going to plan. Might be worth looking at the profiles installed in Wookie, perhaps switching that, instead of Skins would help.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
hi chap.

he was using AEON skin, which I do not really like.

I am using the wookie retro, new 22/11 version.

I have amended the skin go include a LIVE TV button on the scrolling bar menu, however when I click it, or nay associated buttons below it, all I get is a black screen.

the PVR client is updated with 1188 channels, so no issue on the M3U url path.

can you assist?

gaz

Exactly the same here. In Confluence skin it works fine, but in the Confl Cust Mod I can't manage to play or find the channels. I also added the LIVE TV button like you did, but all I get is a black screen (like you). Did you found a solution ? Constantly changing from skin isn't the right thing to do I guess.

YanniG

Nov 11, 2015
Hi,
I had the same problem, althought I had added the Live TV button I could not see the ones I wanted to.
Here is what I did to have access to my subscribed package of channels.
First I turned my T8-S to a "brand new" state with the reset button.
Then I did not run the wookie wizard, just left the system as it comes from the factory.
I only followed the instructions for setting up the PVR addon.
After adding the correct URL I added the Live TV on the startup menu.
So the system just starts at the Live TV menu and first thing that does is loading my subscribed package.
If you have the wookie wizard installed, the package that is being loaded is not my subscribed, just the list from the wookie contibutors.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Tnx for your reply. I run Kodi with the Wookie wizard (which I like very much, don't want to give it up) and the PVR works fine, but not on Confl Cust Mod skin. It works fine on the Confluence skin and also on the Aeon Nox skin. So I guess it's a skin-based problem. Perhaps the Confl Cust Mod doesn't support the PVR. But no big deal, I'm still enjoying. ;)