jeffr

Dec 15, 2016
Hi all im not very good at this tech stuff but was wondering ive a used 2.5 harddrive 2t would a biger harddrive increas perfurmace of the box t8v2 thank you in advance

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi all im not very good at this tech stuff but was wondering ive a used 2.5 harddrive 2t would a biger harddrive increas perfurmace of the box t8v2 thank you in advance
Hi

It would increase storage size for files.Performance of the drive can degrade only if the drive is almost full and there are only few megabytes of free space left.

Regards

jeffr

Dec 15, 2016
Thank you 8bit for fast reply .. well im not getting no errors or nothing if i may ask your opion should i do it or would it be worth it not sure how complacted it is to do ive been tring to read on it but abit confused , i do know the hard drive would need formatting defently loving these droidboxes ive v1 and a v2 thank you again

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you 8bit for fast reply .. well im not getting no errors or nothing if i may ask your opion should i do it or would it be worth it not sure how complacted it is to do ive been tring to read on it but abit confused , i do know the hard drive would need formatting defently loving these droidboxes ive v1 and a v2 thank you again
Hi

Formatting can be done via android or LibreELEC.

We have guides regarding both methods and if you struggle or need further assistance once you get the HDD/SSD feel free to let us know.

Regards