ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
I keep getting kicked off my stream after about 18 mins every time I use exodus any ideas anyone ???

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
ive been using it quite a bit lately and not had this problem, i have virgin fibre broadband if thats any help

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
I've got fibre it's been fine till last week seems strange also on newest version of exodus I use real debrid

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Try non RD links, and then keep an eye out on the hosting company (2nd term each line, in the source results). Might be worth seeing if that stops the glitch.
If you're using Kodi, try switching to DBMC (see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/dbmc-16-3-0-with-tdb-maintenance-tools/ ) and vice versa.
Also worth checking the obvious, like how much storage space is left. Let us know the model and we can run you through if needed.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Right 1080p seems to be playing ok now away from exodus and also in exodus I'll try the non RD links tomorrow I'm away from home currently . I have just under 1 gig space on the box . I'm using droidbox t8s

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
With under a gigabyte of space left, worth checking Kodi/DBMC's temporary folder, you might have space hogs in there that can be safely removed.
Reboot (or be 100% sure Kodi/DBMC was shut down properly, open ES File Explorer, expand the "LOCAL" menu, select Home , Android, Data, folder with Kodi or DBMC in name, "files" folder, if you can't see .kodi or .dbmc (as appropiate) folder, expand the "TOOLS" menu on the left, turn on Show Hidden Files, now click on the visible .kodi or .dbmc folder, then the Cache folder, finally Temp folder.
From memory, so a few of these may be slightly off with wording.
Once your in that directory, can long click a file, click the Select All icon, then delete.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks for that I've followed your instructions
Played 1080 p movie in exodus again booted out after 35 mins . seems odd I'm on latest version of exodus aswell . I've again tried to do a OTA update clicked wipe data and cache it reboots but update doest happen . I use open elec still stuck with helix 14.2 as can't update anything I'm on ROM version 1.1.2 says I can update to version 1.1.5 but never does it .hope this helps

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which model is this?

OTA
Might be worth clearing the OTA app's data.

T8-S/T8: Settings>"Other" tab>More Settings button>Apps>OTA Updates/Updater/Force Stop (if available)>Confirm>Clear Data>Confirm

Reboot for good luck.
Open OTA app, leave a minute, try a manual check.
If there is a menu button top right, and you're using Ethernet (a cable, not WiFi), click the button and make sure it is not set to only use WiFi.

Booting out
Wipe OpenELEC (OpenELEC Config in Program Add-ons, first menu, scroll down)
Install JUST one video add-on for testing with - NO BUILDS/WIZARDS YET PLEASE
Test playback. If OK, feel free to install Wizard now.
Test playback again. If now starts booting you out, either switch to a new Wizard/pack, or we could try renaming/removing the advancedsettings.xml file, or use a program add-on to semi-automate the process.

Reactions: David Savage