white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
my droid box has died ;D

we my first box died around a year ago and i was sent a replacement. very much appreciated

now my box has died again ( it turns on blue light shows on the box thats it )
well this time it was updated OTA by silently screaming, great conversation we had on the phone whilst this was going on...all was working great but as i turned my system on tonight, all i saw was NO VIDEO IMPUT ????

so ive tried new hdmi leads from 3 different tv sets and tried the box in all the tvs aswell
but im still greeted with the same issue, NO VIDEO IMPUT

so i tried the standard av leads but still the same

now come to the conclusion that the gpu must be dead :O

my original box was the imx6
the replacement is MX

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
just got to your msg,

i havnt got any ZIP or AML files on usb or sd card, no sd card is inserted into the box...so i cant enter recovery mode as no image on the tv or tvs,
ive changed all HDMI cables and tried it on different tv set still nothing,
as when you updated it you did it from your side via linking up with my box OTA

so ive spoken to the tech guys in london, only to here them say that its out of warranty :( and its gona cost me £59.99 to fix it

looks like im gona spend that little bit extra on a new 1 :mad:

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
just got to your msg,

i havnt got any ZIP or AML files on usb or sd card, no sd card is inserted into the box...so i cant enter recovery mode as no image on the tv or tvs,
ive changed all HDMI cables and tried it on different tv set still nothing,
as when you updated it you did it from your side via linking up with my box OTA

so ive spoken to the tech guys in london, only to here them say that its out of warranty :( and its gona cost me £59.99 to fix it

looks like im gona spend that little bit extra on a new 1 :mad:
Sometimes,TV set have hard time of detecting the device.
Please make sure that you chosen the right source for hdmi port from your TV that is assigned to the box.
Also,if everything is connected right,can you try to simply power off and power on the device plug,while droidbox hdmi display port is assigned to the box?

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
its happens on 3 separate tv sets....
yea i know it can be hard to detect, but the thing is the tv detects that HDMI is connected and it is always connected, i always turn the box on first then the tv about 1 or 2 mins later never had a problem until i installed the new beta through droid box wizard...now i have a paper weight :D:D:D
now i cant restore or anything....

will come in handy for a golf tee :p

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
got a result :D:D:D:D

first of all as my box is out of warranty, i decided to open it up :O
so i got a clean dry paint brush and give the insides a clean out...and then i proceeded to clean all the ports inside and out, i used a little bit surgical spirits whilst cleaning the ports taking extra care around them all,

left it for afew minutes and bosh its working fine :p

no need for a new box :D

Reactions: ChrisM

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
got a result :D:D:D:D

first of all as my box is out of warranty, i decided to open it up :O
so i got a clean dry paint brush and give the insides a clean out...and then i proceeded to clean all the ports inside and out, i used a little bit surgical spirits whilst cleaning the ports taking extra care around them all,

left it for afew minutes and bosh its working fine :p

no need for a new box :D
Thats really nice to hear,good job ;D

white_wolf1976

Aug 9, 2014
Happy days, what a result....hope it stays that way too, but at leased you no what it might be next time. :D
yea got a pretty good idea if it happens again, just thought back to when i repair games consoles on what steps to take,....pretty simple to be honest
i will be buying a new box in the near future tho....then hook this up in my sons room :p