Carlos666

Jul 30, 2015
so after yesterdays ruling in the courts about streaming how will this affect us and the whole kodi and droidboxes etc?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just carry on as normal pal as its only the sellers of pre-loaded boxes deemed to be breaking the law.

Reactions: sblabs

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think according to the small print of the ruling streaming as in holding a temporary copy *could* be illegal

In its judgement the following statement appeared

"Since copyrighted works are obtained from streaming websites without obtaining permission from copyright holders, the above standards are not completely met and no copyright exceptions are available. Streaming copyrighted content from an illicit source can (my italics "can" not "is") therefore be considered illegal."

All highly technical of course and subject to appeal. And will it make any difference to joe public's streaming habits?

I think not.

Reactions: ian maddox

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Just read this . Gutted . Is there anyway that the isp will check to see where it's coming from even if you say netflix etc .

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
im 42 omg im old :(:p:eek: i have been doing torrents since they started on the net when was that? lots of downoads of hmmmmmm wont say and only got snagged by a stupid screamer dvd screener like @Fritz-69 said and many others on here use vpns but make the gd choice i lecture on hardwaire over software vpn software only protects one device at a time the documentation that prove that is in my vpn security area.

software hardware there all good and helpful for years i have used peer block and others there always talking and always will talk about laws and shutting things down!! but demonoid torrent has been switch countries 3 times and now is a special app so is pirate bay they try but just cant

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Any good vpn services out there do you have to set up vpn in the router or just on the droidbox how will a vpn affect the other users of wifi in my house. They aren't technical minded so needs to be simple any advice much appreciated.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
In allot of ways @SmokingElectronics is correct. However, consider whether you want a total vpn solution, or individual vpn on selected media. i.e Kids xbox etc not connected, computers and Kodi boxes/android connected?

This is the advantage of using the apps provided by the vpn provider. Also, if you have a router vpn, you are fixed to one server (unless you physically change the vpn address on the router)

With apps you can set them to auto-connect / choose the fastest vpn connection available at the time.

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
There's droidbox specific apps almost all vpns work on just the device that they are on and don't affect or hide the rest of the network!

There's reviews of the companies. BUT I would trust users on here who use it on tv boxes daily

The simple easy thing about vpns is it is just software that makes it look like you are in China Australia etc instead of where you are, software just covers the machine it's on nothing else is protected by it or affected by it.

It's known to be resource intensive. BUT again how much is that even noticed by people who use it all the time on the boxes?

That's the simplest summary of the basic facts about vpns and the best way to get the best one.

Reactions: ian maddox