Kristo32

Aug 7, 2016
hi all,

I was hoping noT to have to post immediately after buying the box but typically I'm stuck!

Long story short......under android I've installed a wookie build on kodi. It works fine.

Realising that openelec boots straight into kodi I thought I'd install it there for ease and did that but now I can't get back to android? The kodi power button option used to say 'boot into android' but now only offers 'power off, reboot or skin setti gs' none of which help!

I'm sure it's an easy fix?

Also whilst I'm on, why has the new look woke build changed my kodi interface to the 'red ball skin' with the Warner bros boot up thing? The new look wookie I thought I'd installed isn't new look at all but what seems old and basic looking!?

Help appreciated

K

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
To switch back just go to system, click here and then skins and change it to Confluence skin and save. Now when you go to power off it gives you the option to switch back to android.
If you go to programs and openelec configuration, on the 1st page on your right there was an option there to aswell to switch back.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: angela

Kristo32

Aug 7, 2016
Great that did it thank you so much.

Out of interest when I boot the box in openelec is there a reason why the 'new look' wookie boots in what seems a really basic version and changes the background etc?? I've used a firestick until now and is didn't happen?!?!

The android side with seans build is totally fine

K

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, The new wookie builds are now only compatible with jarvis 16.1 and dbmc/spmc 16.3.0.
openelec on your box is 15.2, that's why you are getting the changed interface, all the addons should still be there and hopefully work.

Kristo32

Aug 7, 2016
Ah ok so it's android for now or use like this! I assume that will change before too long.

Thanks again everyone for your help

Reactions: angela

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You can add the addons and repo's yourself in openelec just pick the one's you mainly use, somebody on the forum may come on and suggest a build there using in openelec.