Mark_McCaughey

Oct 23, 2014
www.facebook.com
Can't get cartoon HD and 1 channel to work. Tried the fixes which are online but still not working. Cartoon HD was working a couple of days ago but says script error now when I try and open it. 1channel has never worked

seamoc

Nov 5, 2014
Im having similar issue with streamtvbox. Saying script failed. And plugin failed any ideas

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you've not personalized/tweaked XBMC a lot (for example, importing your local film/TV series collection into the library or configuring add-ons a lot), a good first step is to wipe XBMC's data and then re-run the DroidBOX Wizard.
Clearing XBMC's data - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/
Running the Wizard (remove the power lead once it completes) - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-wizard-update-oct-2014/

After that, (if the problem remains) it is most likely down to the add-on requiring an update by the author, or checking if your ISP has any blocks in place.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Here is a fix for 1channel/ primewire for anybody in the uk. Its easy to do so hopefully this will help anybody that has had problems with this add on.

Reactions: ChrisM

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Cheers Chris. Unblocked2 is working fine for me right now but I will keep an eye on the above.

Reactions: ChrisM

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Now I have applied the fix I have channel 1 working fine but no joy with Cartoon HD I just get an "Error: Script Failed: Cartoon HD". Any ideas on this one yet?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Try uninstalling it (highlight Cartoon HD but don't click it, press the Menu or C button on your remote control, select Add-on information, then select uninstall) , then follow the guide here -
to install a fresh copy. It may be that the sources the add-on uses have changed.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I don't think I am doing anything wrong & I uninstalled & reinstalled but I am still getting Script Error: Cartoon HD. Does it work for you at all?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry about that, because the video was from a couple of days ago, I assumed it had been updated.

Hmmmm, there is a database error right now with this site, but the google cache of it shows that the add-on was updated two days ago and apparently fixed things. I've uninstalled the add-on, forced a refresh with the xunity repo, reinstalled the Cartoon HD add-on, and I'm getting errors still.
I think once www.xunitytalk.com/archive/index.php/t-4749.html is back up and live, you might need to post a query to the author in there.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, we just had a customer report via facebook that they re-ran the DroidBOX Wizard and Cartoon HD started working again. I'm still on slow internet out here in Kazakhstan, but I'll be back in the UK in about a month, so downloading device-specific packs won't take as long.
Worth a shot, re-run the Wizard and check if it helps.
That thread from the previous reply seems to be up now, if it goes down, try http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...dex.php/t-4749.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Hi, I did exactly the same ie re-ran the wizard & went into Cartoon HD & hey presto all the lists were populated now. Unfortunately although I tried to click on perhaps 50 or 60 files not one of them played. 9 times out of 10 there was just no response when the film was selected on the other occasions I get the message "Playback Failed ..... One of more items failed to play. Check the log file index for details".

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
I don't really use this add on as up until recently I was always under the illusion that it was just cartoons in hd! Somewhat of a misnomer really. Anyway this was working for me a couple of weeks ago but now its not working either. The content is there but nothing will play. Just had a look at the link above and it looks like Mikey1234 was working on a fix last month.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I don't really use this add on as up until recently I was always under the illusion that it was just cartoons in hd! Somewhat of a misnomer really. Anyway this was working for me a couple of weeks ago but now its not working either. The content is there but nothing will play. Just had a look at the link above and it looks like Mikey1234 was working on a fix last month.

At least it's not just me then. I will keep my fingers crossed & keep checking it regularly to see if it begins working again.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Are you running Frodo or Gotham? Just downloaded Gotham and Cartoon HD seems to be working fine as is 1Channel.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Are you running Frodo or Gotham? Just downloaded Gotham and Cartoon HD seems to be working fine as is 1Channel.

I'm not 100% sure & I don't know how to chack but I am pretty sure (for some reason) that it's Gotham. I just ran the new update & tried it & it is back working now (but I have lost my previously fixed Mashup :) so I need to try to fathom out how to get that back again & the fix seems to have been removed from the Wizard screen ............ 1 step forward & 1 step back!

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
I've just run the wizard after installing Gotham and Mash Up is there and is working. Maybe try running it again and see if that sorts it. What device is it? You can check which version by having a look in System/ System info.