Harkinssr92

Sep 27, 2017
Hi there firstly I had a problem with my box just 2 days after setting it up where the Ethernet stopped connecting to the internet forcing me to have to use wifi
Now a month later and the box just keeps crashing on the boot logo and screen goes all fuzzy I tried leaving it unplugged for a good 8 hours to make sure it wasn't overheating or anything like that but when I came back to turn it on the blue power light comes on but no LCD screen shows and I get no signal message on my tv

Any advise would be much appreciated

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you try a factory reset, if it boots up again after that then try only adding one or two applications each day, see if one of them triggers an issue. If a factory reset doesn't help, you could try reflashing the firmware (see top of this model's section in the forum for a pinned thread on how to do this).
No joy there? Probably time to contact DroidBOX staff, think I've still got the details linked in my signature below.

Harkinssr92

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks how would I perform a factory reset
Would I be right in thinking by holding down the restore button

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As chrism suggested, contact support. Have your purchase details handy. If less that 12months old it will still be under guarantee.

Harkinssr92

Sep 27, 2017
Yes I have emailed support but only had an automated response just waiting on a proper response now and will update with the issue in case anyone else suffers from this

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Yes I have emailed support but only had an automated response just waiting on a proper response now and will update with the issue in case anyone else suffers from this
Hi

Besides factory reset second most common method for testing purposes is replacing the firmware.You can see guide down below and use SD card method guide that is available for your device(assuming it is T8-S Plus v2 )
https://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v2-devices.10487/

Please take a note that firmware works only if used on the exact device model that you have and otherwise it may break the device.

Regards