Anon

May 23, 2018
Hi,

I have a steam controller and have been trying to get it to work with the T8-SE. I lanuch the steam controller in bluetooth pairing mode and the box then sees the device for pairing. If I try and pair via going through seetings icon on laucher and then add accessory, it pairs and is then unable to connect. I have then tried going by the usual android settings then bluetooth and I can then get it to pair and connect but the box just doesn't work with the controller and the steam link app does not see the controller at all?

I have had a little more success with pairing a Xbox One S controller but I have found it feels very floaty not just in the steam link app but also in Minecraft.

A commonality I've found with these controllers is that when I turn them off the box doesn't want to connect to them again and I have to repair them which is quite annoying.

I have factory reset my device and even reflashed the firmware in this forum to cover my bases but it acts the same way each time. I'm getting the feeling there is something not right about this bluetooth on this device?

Anon

May 23, 2018
I have now gone and tried a third controller but this time wired to the box and this still has the floaty behaviour in Steam Link and in normal app games, so I guess it's not related to it being bluetooth.

I have also tried connecting the box via gigabit to my router just in case Steam Link is causing it with it's streaming behaviour and that doesn't make a difference. I have also tried the steam controller and other controllers on my tablet to confirm they work and they do work much better.

So I can either have game controllers that work but are floaty or a steam controller that just doesn't work with the device.