sean99

Aug 7, 2014
In connecting a bluetooth soundbar am getting this message every now n again in LE configuration setting, only fix is to reboot and keep fingers crossed. Have read its a common fault in the newest LE updates on all devices as is the same with the T8 mini, can anyone elaborate regarding a permanent fix, Cheers

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I was having the same problem as you with a Bluetooth controller with the adapter not being found most of the time, you could try this it has fixed it for me, when your adapter is found click on it and select delete, it will tell you to put your device into discovery scan mode when it finds your adapter click on it and select Trust and Connect, since I have done this the adapter has always been there for me, hope it works for you.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks for that, have deleted and trusted a few times already but it still ends up not finding the adapter for some reason. Would like to give Openelec 8.0.1 a try on either t8s plus or mini as a few holes appearing my end in L E , if anyone in the know could point me in the right direction to get it installed still keeping the dual boot functionality with android maybe able to load from an sd card as alexelec, it would be greatly appreciated. Both devices are well out of warranty and I have all files needed to restore if any problems occur anyway. Cheers..

Last edited:

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, I forgot to mention this, I don't know if it will make any difference but I did soft reset libreelec before I done this, you will lose what you have got in kodi on your android side if you do a soft reset.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
(......)Would like to give Openelec 8.0.1 a try on either t8s plus or mini as a few holes appearing (....)

If you flash the file from https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v1-devices.10001/ (T8-S Plus v1) or https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-mini-devices.10486/ (T8 Mini), that should put LE back to before the beta version. Not certain of the exact LE versions found in those files, but something to start with. If you encounter problems, try the USB cable and IMG file approach instead of recovery menu and ZIP file.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks chris but the 1.0.9 ota update reverts L E to jarvis 16.1 with no python https krypton friendly script as CEMC has on jarvis, so have put the 8.2.0 update back on for now. As we know with pc's/ android boxes they become somewhat stale over a period of time and need a freshening up with a clearing of all data/ factory reset and a f/w reinstall. Which I think this box is overdue now after the few years dailly usage have had, anyone else having the adapter not found issue it is down to libreelec loading so fast that there is a delay loading the bluetooth driver and this can be changed in L E's settings/ network/ change 'maximum wait time' (under wait for network before starting up setting) from 10 sec to 15 or 20. Giving time for that missing driver to load up, thats what l e suggested to my question on twitter. Thanks guys
Edit:- L E's fix doesnt work lol:)

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Found an old forum reference to the earlier T8-S Plus v1 LibreELEC 8.0.2 beta test, but the linked to file is offline. LibreELEC-DroidBOX.arm-T8SPlusV1-8.0.2-update.zip is the filename, I've searched through my hard drives and not found an old copy - anyone still have this file stored somewhere?
Just double checked, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreELEC shows that 8.02 had Krypton rather than Jarvis. There was a problem with one of the betas on one model, this firmware may have been removed due to serious issues, but if you're happy flashing and someone can upload the original file, might be worth a look.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Have reinstalled the LE 8.0.1 update and it finds my bluetooth soundbar ok now, chris the 8.0.2 update you refer to was pulled because users could not get back to android from LE. Can the openelec 8.0.4 f/w be installed to this device without any special dbx coding?

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not at all sure, I'm out of the loop these days, sorry. In the past, generic LE/OE updates haven't been recommended, but might be worth shooting the support email address a message to check specifically.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Not at all sure, I'm out of the loop these days, sorry. In the past, generic LE/OE updates haven't been recommended, but might be worth shooting the support email address a message to check specifically.
Lol I got the reply I expected from support, if any member of the forum can help me getting openelec 8.0.4 installed on 1 of these droidboxes can you get in touch with me plso_O

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
812 onthe t8s+ and 905 on the mini, I tried alexelec using the m8 III link but couldnt get past the (rewind, play and ff coloured buttons) onscreen it wouldn't boot into the os. Surely if alexelec has an os compatible with a couple of dbx machines an O E 8.0.4 compatible version should. Thats the problem for now, finding a compatible version. Onwards and upwards, will keep scouring the web

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
After digging a bit further have come to a dead end now as there is no support from O E for amlogic devices. Will take your advice chris and get my head around the alexelec os for the t8s+ v1;)