John Newbury

Dec 26, 2014
I have just received my new T8-S-Plus as a replacement for my early model T8. On trying to register I have got the message "API missing" when sending the data. Tried a Factory Reset which has now resulted in the KODI app missing. I would like to get back to the "as delivered" state. Any ideas?

David Smyth

Mar 10, 2016
After a factory reset you will need to download Kodi (either from Google Play or Droidbox Market). It will then open as before when you click on the Kodi/XBMC icon on the home page. You can then install your addons within Kodi. I'm new to this but as far as I know this is as close you can get to an "as delivered" state.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I have just received my new T8-S-Plus as a replacement for my early model T8. On trying to register I have got the message "API missing" when sending the data. Tried a Factory Reset which has now resulted in the KODI app missing. I would like to get back to the "as delivered" state. Any ideas?

After factory resetting your device you need to leave your device for around 30 mins till it will restore all the Apps. In some cases an extra reboot is required, however this WILL revert your device back to the state it was in when first delivered.

Last edited by a moderator: