Joxer

Oct 31, 2017
Hello all,I am looking to get an android box.I was in contact with a seller,and asked what version of android was on the box..The answer I got was "It doesnt matter,because we put our IPTV,and use plex as well,we dont use android"..I know little about these boxes,Its an mxq pro....Its the "we dont use android" that I dont understand..It is after all,an android box. As I say,I know little of these boxes,and would like any information..Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Boxes supplied by Droidbox run Android and often additional operating systems like Librelec or Windows.
Having android will allow you to run many of the apps you will be familiar with on a mobile phone.
For example I use youtube and spotify extensively. You can also run kodi and all the kodi addons.
Read the specs of the Droidbox range and buy according to your budget. You will not go far wrong with the t8s plus v2 but also look at the imxq pro v2 if your budget will not push that far.

Reactions: Joxer

Joxer

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for the reply..I already have an mx111...quad core kitkat,,2gb ram..I find it fairly good,but has been kicking me back to main page of late..I googled,aand found a youtube video about updating dependencies,which I have done,but at times still kicks me back to previous page..Just thinking of the box I mentioned in first post,as the setup has a good epg,the seller says no buffer.I dont know if its possible to totally get rid of buffer..I will check out those boxes you mentioned..Thanks again!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi.
If the seller says "no buffer" then he is either a fool or a charlatan. The main cause of buffering is contention on host servers. If too many people are hitting the servers then think traffic jam. You can have the most powerful box ("car") in the world and the fastest broadband ("eight lane motorway") but you will still get caught.

Reactions: Joxer