playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
Am i right in thinking these downloads are redundant now?
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/kodi-xbmc-download/

Been using kodi 14 with the (now) redundant droidbox login software but have recently got
lots and lots of "broken" apps and "searches down" so decided to uninstall that kodi and d/l
software from above link but apart from the menus working nothing d/l through it.
when unzipped repos dont download at all.
Do i have to go to a stock kodi 15 d/l now and add repos from scratch.

playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
Just a follow up.
As i said before, after downloading and installing the 3rd link on the droidbox blog nothing would install...tried any times.
Wookie is in the addons but when trying to fetch info from the web it just failed everytime.

So i tried the 4th link on that blog and everything installed sweet.
Pity that Wookie is sooooo loaded with crap though, will take some time to remove some stuff or i will be forever seeing
apps update that ill never need to use.

Also a pity now that the home 3d screen "xbmc" doesnt work now and i have to go into "all apps" and click on kodi
Surely there is a way that the menu can be changed to make kodi shortcut through the xbmc logo?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Glad you found a link that worked...there's a lot on the wookie wizard and most you don't need, so if you have time like you said just delete what you don't need.
As for customising your main menu you could download a launcher like nova from the google play store and customise your home page that way.
Also don't you have the function to create a short cut on the main menu, I'm not sure on the 3d menu on the imx6 box. Its normally a plus sign, and you click on it and then select the app you want to make a short cut. I have the imx6 media edition and it boots straight to (xbmc) Kodi.

Good luck