pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
Hi there

I hope that I can be helped please. I searched for a tv program and it had 26 seasons. Every episode has links but every link to all the so many episodes just leads to something completely different. They all lead to the same film and not the right episodes.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You'll have more luck with the people that wrote the add-on probably. Which one are you using when this happens?
Let us know EXACTLY what you click or type please, after opening XBMC. If the same thing happens to us, we'll know the add-on author(s) need to check it out.

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
Hi again and thank you.

I goto TV shows and from the main screen I do a search for the bill (1984). It comes up with all the twenty something seasons. I click on any one of the seasons and the episodes come up. I then click on an episode and then a box with Hosts list or auto play comes up. I click on Hosts list and approx 6 links come up. It does not matter which link I press, it either comes up with one or more items failed to play and to check log file for details or for the links that work, they all lead to a film called Wild Bill

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It sounds like the links are dead.
I'm still not sure whether you're in XBMC when you do this, and if so, which add-on you're using.
If you're not in XBMC, which Android application are you loading to search for TV shows?

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
Thank you again for your response. I will check when I get home from work and get straight back to you. I'm definitely in XBMC. I'm not sure what you mean about which android

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
So would you say that all the hundreds and hundreds links to the episodes are faulty if the all lead to the same one film?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you list exactly what you click on, after you've turned your device on? I'll copy it this end, and we'll be able to check. It could be your ISP is blocking content, or that the makes of the original TV series issued DMCA notices to the hosting companies. We'll hopefully find out.

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
Ok thank you and I will do everything tomorrow from when I switch it on etc. The same thing happened when I was looking through another tv seies

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
I click on XBMC, then TV shows, then search. I type "the bill" in the search. Then cluck on the bill 1984. Then I click on season 1. Then funny old business- cops and robbers which is episode 1. Then I click on Hosts lists and it brings up 6 links. The first does not work so I clicked movie storm dvd I shared. Eu and a film called Wild Bill plays, even though the bill title and pic comes up. I've tried other seasons and episodes and it's always that film.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, so that TV Shows shortcut leads to the iStream add-on. If the links are down there, try clicking on the Media Portal menu in XBMC, then select Genesis. Forget that, they're probably using the same sources as iStream, as I just tried Series 1 and 25, 1st episodes, and they too are reported as no streams available. I've just looked around online for some torrents, and it doesn't look great. There are some for early series, but not all episodes.
I think the best approach would be to return to the Media Portal menu in XBMC, and try each of the add-ons. Hopefully at least one has different lists/sources available for searching.
Phoenix and Genesis will cover a lot of other, more recent, TV shows and films.

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
OK, so that TV Shows shortcut leads to the iStream add-on. If the links are down there, try clicking on the Media Portal menu in XBMC, then select Genesis. Forget that, they're probably using the same sources as iStream, as I just tried Series 1 and 25, 1st episodes, and they too are reported as no streams available. I've just looked around online for some torrents, and it doesn't look great. There are some for early series, but not all episodes.
I think the best approach would be to return to the Media Portal menu in XBMC, and try each of the add-ons. Hopefully at least one has different lists/sources available for searching.
Phoenix and Genesis will cover a lot of other, more recent, TV shows and films.
Thank you very much. Appreciate you looking into it.