vdogamer

Nov 2, 2014
Hello. We have purchased the android q7 smart-TV box. We connect it to our TV and internet, but the screen on the TV goes in and out the entire time it is connected. When I connected the box to my laptop, I was unable to detect it on my laptop. The user manual doesn't give me enough information to correct this.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Did we speak earlier via our website's live chat (over at http://DroidBOX.co.uk )? If not, please head to
Settings>Screen or Display> look for an option related to HDMI resolution auto-selection, and disable it. Now change the resolution to 1920x1080 (it may be referred to as just 1080p) at 50Hz. If you can see a message asking if you want to keep that resolution, confirm that is OK. If you see no such message, wait 20 seconds and you'll revert to your previous resolution and refresh rate. Now try the 1280x720 resolutions.

Regarding connecting your Q7 to your PC, have you downloaded and installed the drivers necessary ( e-mail us at [email protected] if not), and held down the recovery switch (see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ for the location of the switch) BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER attaching any power lead or USB lead?

lilvick

Apr 8, 2015
Hi I've just bought a q7 android box and have the same problem as this person my box keeps cutting on and off I've done everything you told them to do and my settings is on the 1080p but it's still not working just wondering if you could help me out please
Thanks

Apr 11, 2015
Hi just bought the q7 and seem to be having overheating issues, the box then won't boot back up correctly until I removed supply and let it cool down very disappointed as I purchased this box through droidbox, unlike my other box I have that doesn't have this issue, could you please advise if thus us a known problem? Thanks

maxb1ack

Feb 6, 2015
Hi,I'm a newbie also.I have a q7 and its worked fine most of the time.the last 2 or 3 days though,it's constantly buffering and stopping playing.I mainly only use genesis and FTV(UK TV)I tried using NAVI-X but nothing plays,and I mean nothing.just says "working". my internet couldn't be better,80MBPS download speed, yet I'd still have to watch the LQ links cause the HQ or HD links just wouldn't play.now though,even the LQ links don't play.I've tried opening droidbox wizard but it says error logging in but I've checked and double checked and that was the username and password I was given.any help here would be gracefully appreciated

maxb1ack

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks for your advice Angela.I'd rather get what I have working properly.its so frustrating because up to 2 or 3 days ago,it all was working fine.I never changed anything so I don't know why the sudden malfunctioning.even when it did work,it was a bit frustrating.sometimes it would work perfectly,others it would stop to buffer every minute or 2.IF\WHEN it does play something now,its pausing and freezing every couple of seconds.no links in genesis work at all. Any ideas of something I could try?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Droidboxs wizard is no longer used, they are using the wookie wizard now. Also sounds like you need to do a reset of Kodi, when you get errors it normally because of storage or it need updating.
You can go to setting, other, more setting and apps then Kodi (xbmc) force stop and clear data, let it finish and go back to Kodi and use the wookie wizard. Here's the link for it and the password is free and user is 1234. Hope this helps and good luck....
https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/

maxb1ack

Feb 6, 2015
Thanks for your reply David. I'll give that a go and see how I get on. Thanks for the advice!