lawley87

Jul 28, 2014
My droidbox was working perfectly fine until I did an update and Xbmc changed to Gotham. It worked fine for a few days but then suddenly started freezing as soon as I switched the box on. Eventually I got to the homescreen after wiping cache and performing a factory reset, but now it keeps saying the device is low on space and I can't reinstall Xbmc after it vanished from my box.
Can anyone provide any assistance here?
I've deleted apps I don't use and disabled the likes of Facebook and Twitter but this makes no difference. Before the factory reset I never had a problem with space and the low space message never appeared.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If a factory reset doesn't help (I'd also try it via the recovery menu (How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu select the wipe data/factory reset option)), then the next step would be to try the Firmware Upgrade Instructions for iMX6 Devices thread.
By the way, the DroidBOX Wizard has been updating the XBMC splash screen that is presented each time you open XBMC. Even though the image states Gotham, it is still Frodo. We're still working on an official DroidBOX release of XBMC Gotham for the iMX6 and M6 devices.