Winfield

Dec 13, 2016
I've taken the plunge and chosen a VPN (VPNunlimited) and am now looking for some advice on how to download the Zomboided repo to make it work in LibreELEC.

I've got an SD card plugged into my TS-8 box with the necessary files on it, but how am I supposed to transfer them over to the box's memory and continue the installation?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I've taken the plunge and chosen a VPN (VPNunlimited) and am now looking for some advice on how to download the Zomboided repo to make it work in LibreELEC.

I've got an SD card plugged into my TS-8 box with the necessary files on it, but how am I supposed to transfer them over to the box's memory and continue the installation?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)
Hi

Please take a note that in OpenELEC/LibreELEC you would have to set up VPN in order for it to have effect as settings on Android does not overlap with another operating system .
Please take a look at the following guide below
https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/using-a-vpn-in-openelec/

Regards

Reactions: AlonsoHenry

Winfield

Dec 13, 2016
Thank you both for your replies! :)

Unfortunately, I'd already checked out those website pages before making my post, so I seem to be going around in circles :-/

What I want to be able to do is install the Zomboided repo directly, in a similar way to installing a build (such as the Nemesis build) with a web address. Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I see the repository on the Zomboided site and want to install it directly...but I'm totally confused on how to go about it, lol!

Many thanks in advance again for your help! :)

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015

Unfortunately, I'd already checked out those website pages before making my post, so I seem to be going around in circles :-/

What I want to be able to do is install the Zomboided repo directly, in a similar way to installing a build (such as the Nemesis build) with a web address. Is this possible, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I see the repository on the Zomboided site and want to install it directly...but I'm totally confused on how to go about it, lol!

Hi

Kodi interface is the same as OpenELEC/LibreELEC while the one mentioned here compared to Android have additional features.
If you would have to download files and install them manually,you can download them through your PC for example and use the flash drive for the transfer on to OpenELEC/LibreELEC.

Regards

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Winfield are you able to locate your sd card with the said repo from install from zip file in LibreElec? Are you downloading the repo as a zip file from the site?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi Winfield are you able to locate your sd card with the said repo from install from zip file in LibreElec? Are you downloading the repo as a zip file from the site?
Hi

I can not advise directly on the setup procedure but yes in general that is how it should work.
You would either download as .zip file and locate manually from the drive or add specific add on details manually from the file manager instead.

Regards

StringyMCFC

Apr 23, 2016

Ah, ok, I get what you mean now.

No, it's not possible to install from a web address, it is easy though if you have it on an SD Card.

So, if you have the repo file from the site on an SD Card plug it in your box. Next, you would bypass the normal stage of going in to file manager etc and go straight to addons > Install from Zip file.

Navigate to your SD Card and the location on there you saved it to. That will install the repo (you will get the normal "repo added" message).

Then, go to Install from Zip AGAIN and go to the Zomboided repo you have just installed and install the addon.

By doing it this way (installing the repo and addon rather than just the addon) you will get the auto-updates too.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 8bitDev

Winfield

Dec 13, 2016
Thank you all very much for your help with this, folks! :)

After a bit of perseverance (and a dodgy internet connection to my laptop), I finally managed to download the Zomboided repo, copy it to an SD card and then install it.

The main problem I found was that the SD card wasn't being recognised by my DroidBox when it was inserted before starting the DroidBox up.

One slight problem left though, and it's regarding "key" and "certificate" files (which my VPN provider has sent me as 64 individual "ovpn" files) - while I know of how to convert these to "key" and "crt" files, do I have to provide key and crt files for all regions, or only for the country where I'm based?

Thanks again for your help, folks! :)

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thank you all very much for your help with this, folks! :)

After a bit of perseverance (and a dodgy internet connection to my laptop), I finally managed to download the Zomboided repo, copy it to an SD card and then install it.

The main problem I found was that the SD card wasn't being recognised by my DroidBox when it was inserted before starting the DroidBox up.

One slight problem left though, and it's regarding "key" and "certificate" files (which my VPN provider has sent me as 64 individual "ovpn" files) - while I know of how to convert these to "key" and "crt" files, do I have to provide key and crt files for all regions, or only for the country where I'm based?

Thanks again for your help, folks! :)
Hi

Regarding the SD card can you please take a look at the side of the SD card that you plugged in(faced backward and not forward-may depend on the box model that you have).
Also you may take a look at a lock at the side of the SD card.
You can use USB flash instead of the SD card if that is easier for you.

Regards

AlonsoHenry

Oct 5, 2018
The thread is as old as 2016, they are couple of things have been changed since then.
A lot repos doesn't work, It's 2018 and Kodi Leia is on beta mode

MAY BE THIS IS OFF TOPIC, BUT IT"S TO REFRESH IF YOU...

AlonsoHenry

Oct 5, 2018
The thread is as old as 2016, they are couple of things have been changed since then.
A lot repos doesn't work, It's 2018 and Kodi Leia is on beta mode

MAY BE THIS IS OFF TOPIC, BUT IT"S TO REFRESH IF YOU...

***admin note***

As you well know that is not a kodi source - you are advertising a VPN