B96Mike

Jul 6, 2016
has anyone used xinternalsd and WSM tools apps to swap storage? I watched youtube video showing how to use these apps to swap internal storage with external SD storage to be able to use the SD as local storage for apps.
Also does anyone know if there is a way to increase system ram? my Droidbox T8-s plus is always at almost 50% usage?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Apologies for the delay with this response, I was away on holiday, but we should have replied.

Re the 50% memory usage, you can slim down the amount of applications loaded during startup. See https://droidboxforums.com/threads/startup-manager-free.86/ for some more information. HOWEVER, you may well find that you don't save many Mb of memory, even with a slimmed down startup. Bottom left of the homescreen there should be an icon you can click to force applications out of memory. Android's memory management does a pretty good job by itself, but some like to have manual control as well.

Realistically, you can't upgrade the RAM in these sort of devices, same as with smartphones/tablets. If you were handy with a soldering iron, can write Kernels and don't worry about your DroidBOX warranty, it might be theoretically possible to remove the old RAM chips, solder on larger capacity ones, but I think you'd then also need to rewrite the firmware a little for the new hardware configuration.

(not meaning to ignore your xinternalsd and WSM query, but haven't used either previously.