Rob

Aug 9, 2014
hi guys ..for the last couple of weeks this box has battered my head .. so im admitting defeat and asking for help
the box is a x7 ver 2.3 with this firmware cyxtech_rk31_cs918_8723_140509_8G2G with beyond xbmc 3.4

ive reset the box many times ..loaded new firmware using RKbatchtool 1.7 the box will boot up fine most of the time and I can use apps no problems .. but when I launch xbmc it freezes and I have to reset the box
it just refuses to run xbmc no matter what version I put on it

any help would be appreciated guys im ready to send this thing back as ive had enough of it
thanks
Rob

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Do you know which of our firmwares was on it originally?

On the bottom of your X7, is there a label/any text, mentioning something like AC8350, EK311, EKB311, BT351 etc etc?

Can we start with the basics, and go through the steps here - Resetting XBMC To A "Just Installed" State.
It shouldn't make a difference given firmware flashes etc, but worth a check (obviously when going through the app list, check for a Beyond XBMC entry, rather than just XBMC).

The next time you reboot your device, can you wait 10 minutes at the launcher's homescreen before clicking on anything, and let me know if it makes any difference.

When XBMC freezes, is this on loading the app, or after a while, having already started to watch something?

Is it the original power supply being used?

Is there adequate ventilation around the X7 - enough room for any heat to dissipate?

Have you tried the original XBMC for X7 recently - Original XBMC (V12/Frodo) For X7/X7 Ultimate/Q7/V9 Devices?
How about the Gotham release - Gotham XBMC - ONLY FOR X7 & Q7 Devices?

Reactions: Rob