Jobo

Nov 9, 2015
Scotland
I really am at the bottom rung of the IT ladder. Just bought a T8 a few days ago and have installed the Wookie Wizard. Can't get any of the movies to come up so clearly I'm missing some very basic knolwedge here. AS an example I've just clicked as follows but nothing happening -
> xbmc media centre
> on the main tab 'movies'
> box appears with 'up one level' then 'movies' - clicked on movies
> oscar winners
> Slumdog Millionaire
> box appears headed 'Genesis' which loads to 100% then a list of different streams appear
> Went for 03 Movietv
> loads up (quickly) to 100% but then what now? I've tried the play button on the remote, and tried the OK button but nothing??

Help

And is it simply trial and error in choosing which stream to then watch after selecting a film?

Apols in advance for this D'Oh moment...

Jobo

Nov 9, 2015
Scotland
I really am at the bottom rung of the IT ladder. Just bought a T8 a few days ago and have installed the Wookie Wizard. Can't get any of the movies to come up so clearly I'm missing some very basic knolwedge here. AS an example I've just clicked as follows but nothing happening -
> xbmc media centre
> on the main tab 'movies'
> box appears with 'up one level' then 'movies' - clicked on movies
> oscar winners
> Slumdog Millionaire
> box appears headed 'Genesis' which loads to 100% then a list of different streams appear
> Went for 03 Movietv
> loads up (quickly) to 100% but then what now? I've tried the play button on the remote, and tried the OK button but nothing??

Help

And is it simply trial and error in choosing which stream to then watch after selecting a film?

Apols in advance for this D'Oh moment...

Hmmmmm, 19 views by others but no reply yet? C'mon boys and girls, please don't let me down ;-)

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Yes sometimes the streams dont work, just pick another one, I have tried the stream you did 03 movie tv and did not work for me, in genesis after the 100% you usually get a message in the top left corner of your screen saying (no stream available) as i say just pick another one. Try other addons for good movies, Phoenix/The Mutts Nuts/ it can be trail and error sometimes but most work.
If its a blank screen on all streams you try. In wookie go to system or settings/video/ acceleration/allow hardware acceleration,ive got libstagefright and mediacodec on, try different combinations

Last edited:

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Hi Jobo, welcome to the world of 'Kodi'. 'Genesis' has been playing up for me over the past few days or so when watching movies. TV shows are fine.
There are plenty of other apps you can try 'Salts'(stream all the sources) is getting good reports from various people. Zeus also has a decent 'movie'
section. Just take your time and keep a note of what you find and where it was. I just go between 7/8 apps for everything these days.

Jobo

Nov 9, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for the advice so far although words like kodiland repo mean nothing to me!

Anotehr question if I may, for movies do you have to watch them "as live" or can you search for a film, click on a link and then 'save' the download somewhere to watch later? And, if so, is this pretty easy to do - I'm a Droidbox T8 User.

Thanks again.

Jobo

Reactions: angela

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Some addons offer a download feature. Certainly genesis used to. You will need to search around the different addon menus and toolbars to see which ones do now.
The showbox android app supports downloading.
Be careful though. You will quickly fill up storage on the t8 unless you download or move movies to external storage.

Reactions: Jobo and angela

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Here is a video tutorial showing how to download movies and tv shows in Genesis. As Nigelar says keep a eye on your storage.

Reactions: Jobo

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also be aware that some add-ons have removed downloads settings, so may no longer offer the function. You can sometimes deliberately install an older version of an add-on and try to stop any updates.

Reactions: Jobo