Jim1981

Jan 31, 2020
Upon connecting with a VPN the Ethernet connection is lost and the box needs to be restarted. Is there any configuration changes that need to be made or is it a firmware issue?

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
I am returning my box today as I have same issue using PIA VPN, I don't this problem on T8 SE Libreelec, satellite receiver or laptop etc.. using the same VPN.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Last edited:

Jim1981

Jan 31, 2020
I will check shortly with Ethernet. To confirm, you have downloaded the latest version of IPVanish from the Google Play Store?

UPDATE - Can you open IPVanish Settings, choose Connection and change to TCP connection. Does this resolve the issue?
No difference ( IPVanish version 3.4.3.4.65815 ).
Screenshot attached ( with duplicate network system icons )

Attachments

• IMG_20200203_123532.jpg
    IMG_20200203_123532.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 241

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
A quick workaround while we look into it further. You can use either UDP or TCP connection. Connect to a VPN and when the status says "Reconnecting" or something, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable. It should now connect. You can confirm if working as the chart at the bottom should start updating to indicate transfer. And if you check the IP on google it should be updated to which Location you had chosen.

We are still looking into what is the cause of the issue and will update here asap. Thanks.

Reactions: Jim1981

Art

Mar 26, 2020
I have recently purchased the X3 I am also having problems with losing Ethernet connection when I launch PIA VPN, it works fine on my old android box running version 7, will there be fix for this, is there a bug maybe in version 9

Art

Mar 26, 2020
I agree I just unplug and plug in the Ethernet as suggested, bit of a hassle, would be good to get an update

kevin byrne

Dec 27, 2014
Not quite on subject but simlar. My droix box works fine using le vpn all the time, but recently my chromebook loses wifi internet when le vpn connected, but still shows that I am connected. As soon as I disconnect the vpn all is ok again. No real help on google, but sounds similar to the problems with the boxes.