Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
HI all,
Im about to order a VPN - ive studied the online installation help guides - Perfect from this forum.
But Ive read so much about different ones Choking Etc that I am wondering what our forum members use and what can be recommended?? I know its personal choice but I reckon Im looking for a bit of guidance before I purchase.
Sorry if this has been asked - I cant find anything in the forums.
Thanks
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thats brilliant thanks for the link. Ive taken a look and it all looks good but Im not sure if it is Librelec Open VPN compatible. Ive emailed them to ask and if its not listed do they have the files I will need to link. It does look OK though. I was looking at PIA as I have read there is not much choke!!!!!!!!! wats your user views on PIA please if you dont mine informing me.
Thanks
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Have had no problem at all with pia and am into my 2nd year using it now, its just the massive drop in speed I get. Its still well enough to run kodi android/ LibreElec without any problems. I set it up for a mate of mine the other day and his usual vm speed was just above 40mbps and with pia connected was getting 35. A drop of less than 10mbps and he was more than happy, just not sure if pia cap it at around 30-40mbps as that would explain the massive difference in my speeds when enabled.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Wow - Thank you for that. Ive logged a ticket with them asking for the info needed to install into Open VPN. When I get the info Ill post as I only ever use Librelec.
Cheers mate
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hello again sean99 - submitted a ticket request and got an answer within 20 minutes. Thats great communication at the very start.
They have told me no problem at all in relation to OpenVPN on librelec side of things and they will provide all the details and files once a subscription is taken out.
Its looking decent mate and I am going to subscribe for a month intending to get the full year if alls well.
Cheers my friend
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thats good news Dave, it is a purpose built vpn for kodi users so is ideal for us. Keep us posted here regarding your results using it once your up n running, good luck with it:)

robit

Jun 6, 2015
I’m also looking at VPNs. I find not many have full list of their servers and that makes it a bit confusing for me. My need for instance, is for a server in HU, and don’t see many in their list apart NordVPN. Can any of you tell me if you can find a server there in the VPN you use please?

Kind regards,

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
sean99 - Ive signed up on an ongoing rolling month per month - using the voucher code on the site its £2.00 per month.
Its payed from Paypal. I set up a second Paypal account - NOT MY MAIN ACCOUNT - then just transferred into that three months so that if its even slightly dodgy they can only take maximum 6 pound - JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.
Ill log in later and ask them to send me the files for OpenVPN.
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
sean99 - Ive signed up on an ongoing rolling month per month - using the voucher code on the site its £2.00 per month.
Its payed from Paypal. I set up a second Paypal account - NOT MY MAIN ACCOUNT - then just transferred into that three months so that if its even slightly dodgy they can only take maximum 6 pound - JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.
Ill log in later and ask them to send me the files for OpenVPN.
Dave
Nice 1 mate, fingers crossed its all ok

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ill check later tonight. One good thing - Its RealDebrid compatible so thats a bonus.
Dave

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi sean99,
Well I've downloaded the VPO server files and installed them into "user defined" using the wizard. Spot on and quick. theres a lot of servers from all over and as I can see they are Real Debrid compatible which is a bonus. Chose ten servers from primary to the last and started streaming. All debrid worked.
I started to test the servers and at first speeds were hitting 25MB. Then changed servers and started hitting 40MB on a lot ov them no problem. Currently getting a steady 50MB on UK2 Server from London on Digital Ocean ISP. Customer support has recommended a few servers which will by all account 60MB Plus so I will test these tonight.
Up to now mate - ALL IS WELL.
Hope this helps
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi Dave, thats excellent news regarding your speed whilst connected. What are you normally getting from your isp? Cheers for the update

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Im getting 100MB normal speed wired ethernet. But the loss is easy to put up with as its easily enough and it means I get the streams that are getting blocked on a regular basis IE Live football. I reckon the speeds for a VPN are reasonable. I still have to check the servers that customer service told me to check. Ill let you know.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Yes your getting plenty enough now Dave but regarding the live footy 'server overload' is a big player in this, you can have the fastest speeds possible and still run into problems. They sound as though they have a very good customer service which is another bonus.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ye, Ill have to see regarding server overload - the service I view from has dedicated servers for the sports but time will tell. Ill let you know what I get from the other OVP servers later my friend.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hello mate - sorry I aint replied. Ive been away. OK so here goes. Not all servers are RD compatible but there is at least 5 which are compatible. The ones which are compatible are giving me speeds between 30MB - 42MB. The ones which are not compatible are giving me speeds of up to 60MB so not bad.
The best thing about OpenVPN manager is that you can exclude addons from the VPN. So basically Im using a non compatible server and Im excluding my add ons from it and just using my premium sports Haddon which I need a VPN for.
The normal add ons such as Covenant, elysium and the likes I only use for films and TV series so no VPN needed. When I did use an Haddon like covenant with a non compatible server - it went berserk giving
me no links then crazy links having nothing to do with what I wanted to watch.
So at the moment for £2.00 per month I reckon its a good deal. Ive used the VPN for Sly sports and watched everything I wanted to watch. So its not bad at the moment mate.
If it goes all wrong Ill let you know but Ill keep you informed anyway.
Regards
Dave

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
No mate at £2 p/m its still a good bargain and considering it is still a wip its already surpassed and cheaper than pia that I use. Reading a few comments on their website regarding RD this is only recently being integrated into the vpn and my guess is it can only get better. Thanks for the update Dave.