1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB devices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pibitvillage, Jul 28, 2014.

1. pibitvillage

pibitvillage Member

Has anykne tried any USB devices that are compatable or not compatable with droidbox. ie: usb dongles for tv or usb hubs, key boards mice etc.

2. pibitvillage

pibitvillage Member

Freddie Odom likes this.
  3. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Nice post idea, I'll move it to the General area, rather than XBMC :)

Genius GM-04012A wired USB mouse
    Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel (USB wireless trackball)
    All of my thumb drives, external hard drives and card readers so far
    Samsung SE-S084D external DVD rewriter - can't remember which model, and I only checked it read discs, didn't attempt a burn
    Proxima Direct® USB Wireless Gaming Receiver PC Adapter for XBox 360 Games Controller - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D1CE75I/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Genius USB keyboard (model name sticker fallen off. Device has a scroll wheel & media playback, browsing and program shortcut keys)
    Sven Standard 303 USB Keyboard

Plexus High Speed USB 2.0 7 Port Powered Hub - http://www.saverpoint.com/plexus-high-speed-usb-20-7-port-powered-hub---silver-8526-p.asp (I didn't purchase it from there though)
    Obvously the VIP Remote Control and Mele F10 remote control's USB dongles work fine

Yet to test:
    Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Steering Wheel

Zebbedy likes this.
  4. pibitvillage

pibitvillage Member

Keyboards
    Trust 17919 sn 12009000256 works great but the mouse wheel and space bar are bad.
    Russian made глрлоо brilliant blue tooth with on off switch.

Mice
    Logitech pid l220BC aorks bril

HDD
    Skyshare h10 1TB but format it first and don not use the wifi, once fromated never touch the wifi button just use the USB 3 to USB2 connector.
    It has its own power supply.
    Transcend 2TB hdd Storejet 25h3 no complaints, you just cannot use the programmes ghat come with it thats all as they are exe files.

Raspberrypi pihut usb hub powered 7 ports and no back feed. :cool:

Everything working along with juiceSSH, AndFTP and EZfile everything works great
    Xbmc yatze.

ChrisM likes this.
  5. ChrisM

6. ChrisM

Never tested the Logitech steering wheel before giving it to a friend before we left Kazakhstan. Do now have more gadgets to check though. Nothing too exciting, but could help others when deciding which USB devices or models to next buy.

7. Dickhead1

Dickhead1 New Member

Hi Please tell me the a solution to connecting a wired Xbox 360 USB controller to a T8.
    I just keep getting a flashing green light

Any ideas ?

8. pibitvillage

pibitvillage Member

Never had a xbox sorry

9. ChrisM

10. ChrisM

11. stana

stana Member

Just got these Bluetooth headphones.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171460246633?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    They are excellent. Connected to the T8 and my Galaxy S3 mini no problem.
    They have a micro SD card slot so you can put your music on, a radio and a 3.5mm jack line in so you can plug them into any device that does not have Bluetooth. (cable provided).
    They also have a built in lithium rechargeable battery.
    Really cool looking too.
    Check out the link if you want some wirefree headphones.

ChrisM likes this.
  12. Neilson Anyeme

Neilson Anyeme New Member

Plexgear Mediatrack Edge mini Keyboard (RF usb Dongle)

Recently bought the above keyboard but my T8-S Plus wouldn't recognise it.
    Followed install procedure pricisely but the so called driver wouldn't install.

Any suggestion?

13. jonajuna

jonajuna Member

Logitech k400 rf keyboard. On T8-S plus

Works great with accurate keypad and media keys in all players including in kodi

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  14. Neilson Anyeme

Update! Plexgear Mediatrack Edge mini Keyboard (RF usb Dongle) Solved !

Recognised and functioning perfectly! The issue was poorly translated install instructions.
    Had to put the manual aside and think myself to get it working.

Nigelar likes this.
  15. ChrisM

Can you let us know the DroidBOX device this was on please. Should be fine with all, but may help troubleshoot in the future if we know a specific model it was tested as working on.

16. jonajuna

jonajuna Member

Sorry yes. T8-S plus.

ChrisM likes this.
  17. Neilson Anyeme

Exactly ! It's a T8-S Plus. Nevertheless, I have encountered new problems with the device. I mean problems I certainly caused trying to customise the device. I'm intouch with support and hopefully they will help.