pibitvillage

Jul 16, 2014
Ukraine
Has anykne tried any USB devices that are compatable or not compatable with droidbox. ie: usb dongles for tv or usb hubs, key boards mice etc.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Nice post idea, I'll move it to the General area, rather than XBMC :)

Genius GM-04012A wired USB mouse
Logitech Cordless TrackMan Wheel (USB wireless trackball)
All of my thumb drives, external hard drives and card readers so far
Samsung SE-S084D external DVD rewriter - can't remember which model, and I only checked it read discs, didn't attempt a burn
Proxima Direct® USB Wireless Gaming Receiver PC Adapter for XBox 360 Games Controller - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D1CE75I/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Genius USB keyboard (model name sticker fallen off. Device has a scroll wheel & media playback, browsing and program shortcut keys)
Sven Standard 303 USB Keyboard

Plexus High Speed USB 2.0 7 Port Powered Hub - http://www.saverpoint.com/plexus-high-speed-usb-20-7-port-powered-hub---silver-8526-p.asp (I didn't purchase it from there though)
Obvously the VIP Remote Control and Mele F10 remote control's USB dongles work fine

Yet to test:
Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Steering Wheel

Reactions: Zebbedy

pibitvillage

Jul 16, 2014
Ukraine
Keyboards
Trust 17919 sn 12009000256 works great but the mouse wheel and space bar are bad.
Russian made глрлоо brilliant blue tooth with on off switch.

Mice
Logitech pid l220BC aorks bril

HDD
Skyshare h10 1TB but format it first and don not use the wifi, once fromated never touch the wifi button just use the USB 3 to USB2 connector.
It has its own power supply.
Transcend 2TB hdd Storejet 25h3 no complaints, you just cannot use the programmes ghat come with it thats all as they are exe files.

Raspberrypi pihut usb hub powered 7 ports and no back feed. :cool:

Everything working along with juiceSSH, AndFTP and EZfile everything works great
Xbmc yatze.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Never tested the Logitech steering wheel before giving it to a friend before we left Kazakhstan. Do now have more gadgets to check though. Nothing too exciting, but could help others when deciding which USB devices or models to next buy.

Dickhead1

Jan 17, 2015
Hi Please tell me the a solution to connecting a wired Xbox 360 USB controller to a T8.
I just keep getting a flashing green light

Any ideas ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

stana

Feb 2, 2015
Just got these Bluetooth headphones.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171460246633?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
They are excellent. Connected to the T8 and my Galaxy S3 mini no problem.
They have a micro SD card slot so you can put your music on, a radio and a 3.5mm jack line in so you can plug them into any device that does not have Bluetooth. (cable provided).
They also have a built in lithium rechargeable battery.
Really cool looking too.
Check out the link if you want some wirefree headphones.

Reactions: ChrisM

Neilson Anyeme

Feb 9, 2016
Plexgear Mediatrack Edge mini Keyboard (RF usb Dongle)

Recently bought the above keyboard but my T8-S Plus wouldn't recognise it.
Followed install procedure pricisely but the so called driver wouldn't install.

Any suggestion?

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
Logitech k400 rf keyboard. On T8-S plus

Works great with accurate keypad and media keys in all players including in kodi

Last edited:

Neilson Anyeme

Feb 9, 2016
Update! Plexgear Mediatrack Edge mini Keyboard (RF usb Dongle) Solved !

Recognised and functioning perfectly! The issue was poorly translated install instructions.
Had to put the manual aside and think myself to get it working.

Reactions: Nigelar

Neilson Anyeme

Feb 9, 2016
Exactly ! It's a T8-S Plus. Nevertheless, I have encountered new problems with the device. I mean problems I certainly caused trying to customise the device. I'm intouch with support and hopefully they will help.