rebeltaz

Jun 28, 2016
In addition to my Raspberry Pi OSMC setup, I just got an Android TV Box. I am trying to get both boxes to use the same database. I have been following MySQL - Kodi and I thought it was going well. Yeah... not so much. When I start Kodi on the Android with the advanced settings file in place, it just hangs at the startup screen and then exits back to the main GUI screen. If I remove that file, it starts back up fine.

I did comment out the bind-address for the config file on my SQL server, which is running on the Ubuntu that is serving the media files. The Pi OSMC/Kodi sees the SQL database just fine.

My advancedsettings file is here - http://www.RobotsAndComputers.com/te...edsettings.xml - if you need that.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I asked on the OSMC forum and they sent me to you... Thanks.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Your advancedsettings file looks fine, you did copy over both the advanced and sources xml's from original to new one and place both in the userdata folder right? ;)

rebeltaz

Jun 28, 2016
| advanced and sources xml's?

I didn't copy anything to either Kodi installation other than the advancedsettings.xml file. I did an export on the video database on the Android Kodi box and had intended to re-import that back in after restarting Kodi, but like I said, I never could get that fart since it just exited the app.

Even without any other xmls's transferred, the Pi Kodi did come up with a blank database as expected.

To which other xml files do you refer?

ah... the sources.xml file in userdata. Where would I copy that from and to? The Kodi install on the Android box is already up and running with a database.

rebeltaz

Jun 28, 2016
Well, I did all of that up to step 5 (via command line without phpMyAdmin) and that is where the trouble starts. I didn't see sources.xml in there (I just scanned it so I may have missed it, but), so...

In step 5 you reboot Kodi and import your Library. On the Pi, that works fine, but on the Android, I get the splash screen for a minute and then Kodi exits. It never loads to the main screen unless I remove the advancedsettings file.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
If it's working on the pi then look in userdata folder on that, do you have a sources.xml file in there as well as advanced settings.xml ? If so copy them both and paste them into your androids kodi/userdata folder. I would wipe the android kodi back to vanilla (blank) state and start over with that side of it.

rebeltaz

Jun 28, 2016
There is a sources.xml file on the Pi. I'll try that tonight and if it doesn't work I'll try wiping it.

rebeltaz

Jun 28, 2016
It's the weirdest thing... I tried it again tonight without changing anything and wouldn't you know... this time it worked fine. I don't know. That's the way things go for me. Anyway... Thank you for your help.