gmx

Dec 2, 2016
I purchased a new T95Z plus android octacore box in December 2016. Just found out there is a new firmware update, can't do it automatically because ota updater hasn't worked since I bought it. The new firmware also has a fix for the updater, am having trouble finding a site to get firmware and fix. Hoping someone has some knowledge of the new octacore boxes and can give me some suggestions.

Thank you for any help or suggestions you can give me.

gmx

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi.
Tinkering with non official firmwares can be a recipe for disaster. You do run the risk of bricking your machine if the firmware proves to be incompatible. My advice would be to contact your box supplier to get the ota issue fixed (maybe they use the sd card method to get f/w onto boxes and can provide you with the f/w as a download to a laptop).
If you really want to go ahead, the freaktab web site acts as a repository of firmwares.

gmx

Dec 2, 2016
Thank you TV cordcutterz for your reply, I will contact my box supplier and find out if they have a fix for ota updater and the latest firmware.

Thank you gmx

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@gmx (His forum name is Nigelar, TV CordCutterz is a website in his signature).

T95Z - just checking you know you're in a DroidBOX forum, not a droidtvboxes one, as they sell this model. You may have purchased from someone else, but thought it was worth a quick mention.

[edit]
I then actually read the last post properly, you're aware already, ignore me!

Udonpete

Mar 17, 2017
I purchased the T95Z, connected it up, waited for the start up, all looked ok but it will not connect to my wi-fi, just continues to search but it keeps turning them with-fi off and on.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As chrism says above, you should probably contact the supplier as this is the Droidbox machines forum. In the meantime, you could try an Ethernet connection to get things going. Also, try a reboot of the router.

Reactions: ChrisM