Jolene McIlwaine

Jan 10, 2016
I bought the T95Z Plus (3gb/32gb) last week and its great, i love it other than this one problem that i cannot seem to fix. I am connected to my network via ethernet. I don't have wireless access so i have to use ethernet. It works fine for about an hour or so and then it drops and the only way to fix it is by rebooting the box. Is there anything i can do???

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
There are many posts on google with users of your box facing the same issue you have, seems like it is a common fault. There are fixes for the problem and would be worth you taking a look to resolve your issue.

Reactions: Jolene McIlwaine

Jolene McIlwaine

Jan 10, 2016
Hey, thanks for the reply's. It's not the router, i have tried all your suggestions already and i still have this issue. I have looked on google briefly about this so i'll try that again in a bit more depth.

Labeach2002

Mar 14, 2018
Anyone find an answer to this ? I'm having the same issueissue. Here is my situation :

Looking for some suggestions. I recently added a second android box to my house.

Box 1 : T95z plus. Had for about a year. Works great. No issues. OS 6.

Box 2: M8s pro. Set up on same TV with same wiring. OS 7. Box runs for a bit and then I get an API error cannot connect to the server. Then all internet shuts down on entire box. Only a restart will fix this. Happened in two different streaming apps and kodi.
Returned box
Box works fine for seller.

Box 3: to replace box 2. Decided to go with same box as box 1. T95z plus. Same issue as box 2. Used same woring and connection's as box 1.
Running OS 7. Only difference is when I get the api error a reboot bricks the box. This box was working fine at sellers home when testing.

Solutions tried:
Restart modem/router.
Reload OS 7 on box 3.
Changed Ethernet ports as boxes are directly wired.
Removed AV cord and USB keyboard.

Questions:
Could this be an OS 7 having issues with my router/modem ?
Could it be a power surge issue?
Could a streaming app I added to box cause this issue?

Any thoughts welcome.

Tom Burke

Mar 22, 2018
I have one of these android box and mine had a bad habit of flickering on and off and it was the HDMI cable that wasn't securely in place. I've never had a network problem. I just received by mail my CAT 7 network cable and hooked it up to my android box and it works great. I don't have anymore trouble with long pauses while waiting for something to load in Terrarium TV now.
I believe that if your box is experiencing network problems, it's either you need an updated modem and get rid of old one or your internet provider is limiting your bandwidth thus making your box not have adequate power to use to load anything.
I always use a VPN so my ISP ( Internet Service Provider) won't think I'm using all this bandwidth with my IP address. I'm guessing that's how it works. My first choice would be to get an up to date modem.

Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
I bought the T95Z Plus (3gb/32gb) last week and its great, i love it other than this one problem that i cannot seem to fix. I am connected to my network via ethernet. I don't have wireless access so i have to use ethernet. It works fine for about an hour or so and then it drops and the only way to fix it is by rebooting the box. Is there anything i can do???
Just seen this thread and have the same problem,did you manage to fix it?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As per advice from ChrisM above, your best bet is to contact Droidbox direct (contact details on main Droidbox web page).

Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
As per advice from ChrisM above, your best bet is to contact Droidbox direct (contact details on main Droidbox web page).
I did and they just sent me a link to all different things like the youtube account etc and none of the links mentioned the issue i have.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
That sounds like their automatic reply sent to all emails received, does it not mention that it is not a human typed response, and that their support staff will respond to your query?

Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
Yes it says the message was automatically generated and sent to you and to contact them if i still have any problems which i have done but i just read your message on the thread i made before saying that they will be back in the office on monday so i will try again then.thanks for your help

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Your email will be replied to as soon as possible. As you mentioned it is an initial automated reply which aims to answer most general queries.

Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
Your email will be replied to as soon as possible. As you mentioned it is an initial automated reply which aims to answer most general queries.
I managed to sort the issue out by changing a few things in the router settings.thanks anyway

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Thanks Matthew. For future reference if anyone has the same issue. Log into your router and set the device to use a static IP address instead of Dynamic.

Matthew Witter

Jun 2, 2018
had this in my home months ago and the solution for me atleast anyway was to allocate static IP addresses for each box so lounge would be 192 bla bla ending 251 say then bedroom would end 252 and so on... Touch wood never had problem since. This was easy enough to do on my BT home hub just log into advanced settings and on home network list, each device connected is shown then is just a tick box to always use this IP (which can also be manually changed) then apply. That was a post from thereaper123 and that's how i fixed the issue,i also unticked ipv6 firewall and lan settings.

Reactions: ChrisM