Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
  1. as been buggy and unstable despite many resets and reflashes using firmware from this site. Does anyone know of an alternative custom firmware. i think the problem or hope the problem is that the firmware on the box is just incompatible yet compatible with it. Libraelec runs stable but i want to use the android side. Please. Ive been trying to figure this out for 3 years. My uncle and dad also have the same box and theirs are fine

Last edited by a moderator:

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
Box freezes constantly. All apps are up to date. Did many resets and reflashed firmware using yalls instructions on this site. This thing is defective.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
OK after a factory reset, could you load the YouTube app and search for "one hour video" and play any of the results. Does it lock up or freeze during this time? If so it could be something like it is overheating, is the device got enough airflow around it. It might be worth blowing some compressed air inside to clear any dust.

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
It freezes no matter what apps i use. It freezes quickly. So no chance to overheat. Its not dusty. I just opened it to take pics of the board

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
If you have tried cleaning it out and reflashed the firmware (did you try both SD card and USB?) then it sounds like it is a hardware issue. I doubt it is a firmware issue as I still use this model two/three times a week with a number of apps and have no issues. Unfortunately it is out of warranty so we would not be able to accept it for inspection.

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
Yes. Ive tried both methods for reflashing. Yes. I think it is the hardware too but hope another firmware would help. Coreelec and libreelec run fine. I just want a stable android os. Soooooo what else do u recommend

Ciarence Adams

Nov 23, 2019
I already run it from an sdcard. Maybe you all could send me a new board with an updated os that i can install and use myself. Maybe free of charge. Since the hardware i have is defective???????

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
We do not have any further updates to the operating system so this is something that we would not able to do. We stopped selling this model a few years back and no longer have any stock of it.