AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Hi All,

I have received my brand new T8 S today and am very disappointed that none of the addons work, even they do on a Windows 7 PC on the same Network??? Has anyone had issues? I have tried both openelec and Android Kodi, no success. Also, for the VIP keyboard how do I right click ?

Thanks

Reactions: johncurry1982

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
I bought a T8 S plus early this year and everything set up and ran OK. My son bought the same device 2 weeks later and I tried to set it up on the same BT network and nothing would work. It was the BT security and parental control to blame. It accepted the first box but blocked the second box which was puzzling at first. David Savage is spot on. If you're on BT try connecting to the internet in the web browser to prove BT are blocking the box as it may take you to the BT website.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you check the Droidbox how to page there are instructions for circumventing blocking by most ISPs.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To answer your other question, I have the vip remote keyboard and I have never needed to right click anything. What, precisely, are you trying to do that would need a "right click"?

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Hi all, Many thanks for your answers !
The first issue is that the Addons which were working on my pc are UK TV Again, 1Channel and Phoenix, I know its not the ISP as Youtube works fine. The reason I want to Right click is to edit the context of the Addon so that certain functions can be adjusted, custom Domain and disabling metadata, however I found out that by pressing c on the keyboard it brings up the context menu as expected.
I have tried openelec and Android with no success, When I went to Openelec It would not go back to Android when requested ( There was no option to boot to android from the boot option bottom left), so all in all I'm disappointed as it does no where near the amount of things I was led to believe.

Any help is much appreciated, it could be I just received a duff box (I only received it yesterday) so maybe I was unlucky, but I feel I have wasted a lot of money (Droidbox Please prove me wrong !)

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
1channel will need a working proxy defined.
Phoenix works fine - do you have the latest version from a reputable source? E.g. The fusion source.
I know nothing about uk tv again.

When you say YouTube do you mean the android app?
If so, follow our advice about ISP blocking which refers to Kodi and Addons. This works at device level so although your PC may be ok, it does not mean your Droidbox will be.

If you are using the confluence skin in openelec the return to android button is definitely there.
I can't speak for builds or other skins. Some builds may not be fully compatible with Kodi 15.2.

I doubt you have a duff box. Just ask questions on here to help you move forward if you get stuck.

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
ok thanks, I'll look for a proxy for 1 Channel, can you please advise? The Youtube app was run from the Android Apps on the kodi device, I also ran the ITV Player App and both worked fine so it cant be the ISP.

I definitely used the confluence skin and the android button was NOT there, after doing a factory reset it worked ok.

However No addons work, phoenix I got from fusion.tvaddons.ag

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks!! I'll try that, is it advisable to use a VPN?, I am assuming yes but I don't want to pay for a service that doesn't work. Can anyone suggest a VPN provider that will work with Openelec or Android?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I don't find the need to use a vpn at all in kodi alan, have tried a few with bad results so am steering clear.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
i would suggest clearing the data then run the wookie wizard and install seans build, i have it on my t8s and everything is working a treat with no faffing about

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Ok Tried to enter http://primware.racing and it comes up with a message asking to enter letters like a capitcha, it then fails So no it does not work, I'm still convinced I have been sold a dud unless Droidbox can convince me otherwise.

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
I just dont understand how or why I get capitcha, and other people dont hence why I think there is an issue with my new box. Droidbox any ideas??

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just played the force awakened in 1channel and used top link and played 1st time on my phone. Am at work now and have 2 builds in the wookie wizard. Seans Build (16.1) and Seans Build 15.2 (for openelec) add this source to get wookie:- http://wiz.wookiespmc.com and they are in community builds. Clear you data 1st Alan.

Reactions: David Savage