Geemeister

Sep 30, 2015
Wirral
Hi all, I recently bought a Droidbox T8-S Plus v2 and can't get it to recognise my 1tb hdd. I have tried installing it both internally and externally and also carried out the ota update. The drive is correctly formatted and works with my other two boxes which are an original T8-S and a T8-S Plus v1. I suspect the new box to be at fault but am happy to be shown otherwise. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
I had this odd problem on my v2 too, the only way i fixed it was to remove the HDD from the box connect it to your pc and format it as NTFS or you can try EXfat. do not format it in android v6, it did odd things to my SSD.

Geemeister

Sep 30, 2015
Wirral
Thanks for the reply, I have two 1tb toshiba drives and both formatted the same way - i believe ntfs but can't trully remember but both drives work faultlessly in my older droidboxes (1 x T8-S and 1 x T8-S Plus V1) but one of the drives can't be recognised by the V2. It may well need reformatting but I dont want to lose the current data stored on it, I will be looking into transferring it in order to reformat. I'm up and running for now though still a little bemused. Thanks again for your input, I'm sure that formatting is probably the way forward.

Geemeister

Sep 30, 2015
Wirral
Hi ChrisM, I would happily do that & report back but unfortunately the original fault is that the drive is not recognised. This means I could only format the drive using the device after doing a reformatting on a pc first. This is a tedious exercise which would likely only prove the success of the devices formatting software but won't answer why one hdd of two, both set up the same way, can not be recognised with the latest incarnation of a device. But if you see value in the exercise I'm happy to let you know the result tho' I won't get round to doing it for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app