twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello DroidBox People

Need some advice. I currently have a T8-S Plus V1 which works perfectly except for one small tiny thing - I cannot watch any sports on Kodi 17 or 18. It stutters badly. So i use DBMC 16.7.

I have a sports add on package that i use to watch sports on the DBMC and no issues. I can watch 1080, HD etc. They have recently moved to an IPTV App which I have installed. Everything works so long as I use a sd link. Anything higher and it stutters like hell. I had this with another sports package IPTV. Anything like FHD or HD was a complete no go.

I do not have this issue on my mac. I also do not have any issues watching films or tv shows. It is just live tv that is the problem.

So my question is, do I upgrade to the T8 SE box? The operating system is 7.1.2 compared to the current operating system 5.1.1.

I will still want to use DBMC as it is just perfect but if I can watch live sports without any of the stuttering mentioned above while using Kodi 18 or IPTV that would be great. This is not a big issues, as I said as long as there is a SD link i can watch but I am just curious if I should just upgrade. Especially as the T8-S Plus versions are obsolete.

Another questions. If I buy a new box, can I recycle my current box back to DroidBOX?

Regards

twa96

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have a t8s plus v1 and use kodi 17 to watch live sports. In most cases live sport is ok. Where there is stuttering or buffering i would say it is down to contention at the host end or a poor quality source rather than the box. Kodi 18 is still not formally released so i would not be able to comment on that. I would recommend sticking with kodi 17 it works fine for me. Also maybe try acestream using a vpn.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Could also be a 'hardware acceleration' codec fix as the majority of the time this only happens on live streams, in both 17 and 18 goto system/ player/ videos, press right and scroll down to 'processing'. In 17.6 I use with amcodec disabled, MediaCodec and (surface) enabled on t8s plus v1. Try different combinations of the 3 (all off, 1 on, 2 on) if still no joy