Bambam

Jul 30, 2015
Why does my t8-s constantly freeze? Have had the box for little under a month and all has been great. No ammendmants have been made to the box nor any additional applications added. Have been using open elec for 2-3 weeks yet today within minutes of using the box when i click on majority of video add ons it states working at the bottom right... Starts to load and then the whole box freezes! Any suggestions? Faulty box?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Can you check your memory's not full, go to android from openelec and then setting then other and more setting. Now go to storage and check now much you have, if its nearly full clear cache and delete some apps you don't use and down loads you don't need. Hope this helps and good luck....

Last edited:

Bambam

Jul 30, 2015
I have 1.5gb being used up in misc but there is nothing showing in there... After removing apps that dont get used and are not required i am still only left with 156mb of free memory. Cache gets cleared but same thing happening, box freezing

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
In storage is there a massage at the top saying your memory is low and you might get errors.
These boxes don't have a lot of storage and with all the updates and apps and downloads soon gets full.
The misc file is your wizard and other update you have and other bits of files from apps. You can go to the ES file EXplorer and on the left near the bottom open Tools then run the SD card Anilyser and this shows you where the files are. Don't delete the android file as this is your wizard and you will loose everything, but check other files here like downloads and even make sure you clear the recycle bin when finished.
You need around 600mb to get your box running well again, also its worth a reboot after wards. Hope this helps and good luck....

Dave

Bambam

Jul 30, 2015
Thanks flr your help, all working again by following your instructions. If in plug in an external hd via usb will that help also?

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you plan to download then yes, but just keep an eye on your storage and as long as you don't get to low you should be ok.
I clear cache often and close apps down to so they aren't running in the back ground.
Hope this helps and glad your up and running again.

Dave