Mike Page

Jan 18, 2016
Hi guys. I recently bought a T8-S and every now and then, it seems to lose the connection to my TV. It mostly happens while I am waiting on a movie or TV show to start streaming or while I am navigating through the lists or menus with the remote. The screen just goes blank with a message saying no connection. It's as if the box switches itself off, even though the blue power light is still on. I then press the standby button on the remote and it returns to the main home screen. I've made sure the HDMI cable is secure on the TV and the box. Any thoughts on this issue ? Thanks

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi guys. I recently bought a T8-S and every now and then, it seems to lose the connection to my TV. It mostly happens while I am waiting on a movie or TV show to start streaming or while I am navigating through the lists or menus with the remote. The screen just goes blank with a message saying no connection. It's as if the box switches itself off, even though the blue power light is still on. I then press the standby button on the remote and it returns to the main home screen. I've made sure the HDMI cable is secure on the TV and the box. Any thoughts on this issue ? Thanks
Hi

Some of the TV sets tend to lose display connection,for example if your box/mini pc goes to screen saver mode instead of displaying it,it will say no signal.

The best option that you have is to try box on some other TV/monitor set.

If the problem persist,changing hdmi cable would a way to go,if its still going on then please reply here what you tried so far and also you can email us at [email protected] and we will move from there!

Regards

Reactions: David Savage

Mike Page

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks for replying. Should it go into screen saver mode while I am navigating through Kodi with the remote though? I would have thought it would only do that if the box was left unused after a short while.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for replying. Should it go into screen saver mode while I am navigating through Kodi with the remote though? I would have thought it would only do that if the box was left unused after a short while.
If display goes blank when Kodi is used thats another issue .

Yes,after some time Kodi can dim the screen ,but if problem occurs straight when you open Kodi,can you please tell me does this happen once wizard was set up,or it happen right from the start.

In some cases wizard itself can be the problem and in that case you can load add ons manually or from some other add on wizard/installer which will work properly.

Also please make sure that you are using highest resolution available on the box(1080p would be good way to go)!

Regards

PS:

Screen centering/scaling can be easily solved by going into

settings>display>HDMI auto detection-turn it OFF
settings>display>HDMI output mod settings>1080p
settings>display>display position>-/+ for scaling

If this doesn't solve the problem completely,you can always use TV settings for advanced screen scaling/positioning and problem could be solved!

Mike Page

Jan 18, 2016

Yes,after some time Kodi can dim the screen ,but if problem occurs straight when you open Kodi,can you please tell me does this happen once wizard was set up,or it happen right from the start.

In some cases wizard itself can be the problem and in that case you can load add ons manually or from some other add on wizard/installer which will work properly.

Also please make sure that you are using highest resolution available on the box(1080p would be good way to go)!

Regards

PS:

If this doesn't solve the problem completely,you can always use TV settings for advanced screen scaling/positioning and problem could be solved!

Regards

PS:

Thanks for the advice. First thing I'm going to try is a new HDMI cable. If that doesn't solve it, then I'll try and do the things which you have explained to me. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
yep could be a faulty cable, a friend of mine has trouble with one of his boxes getting no signal, he found wiggling the hdmi cable restored the picture so im guessing mabe a faulty hdmi port so might be worth looking at that

Reactions: Mike Page