Jewell

Mar 31, 2015
My screen is stuck on the android with the little symbol turning around in the middle of him and no matter what I try I can't get it to restart or dissapear
Any ideas

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, does it have a red triangle in the middle. If it does you must have done a reset, so leave it for a bit as its up dating and can take a while. Sometimes it can freeze, power off and try resetting again. There is a reset button on the side(use a tooth pick) of the box hold this then plug the power back you should get a menu up, clear cache and reboot. See if this works

Jewell

Mar 31, 2015
Hi, does it have a red triangle in the middle. If it does you must have done a reset, so leave it for a bit as its up dating and can take a while. Sometimes it can freeze, power off and try resetting again. There is a reset button on the side(use a tooth pick) of the box hold this then plug the power back you should get a menu up, clear cache and reboot. See if this works

Hi
No it is a blue circular symbol that is spinning around
The led display also says the word boot on the front of the box

Jewell

Mar 31, 2015
Hi
No it is a blue circular symbol that is spinning around
The led display also says the word boot on the front of the box
I have tried the restore option but each time I turn it of and back on it comes back up with the same screen

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok, get a tooth pick unplug the power at the back hold the restore but in and plug the power cable in at the same time. Hold the reset until
The menu comes up the clear cache and reboot it.

Jewell

Mar 31, 2015
Ok, get a tooth pick unplug the power at the back hold the restore but in and plug the power cable in at the same time. Hold the reset until
The menu comes up the clear cache and reboot it.
Thanks for the advice but even with the restore button held in and powering it of and on I can't get rid of this screen with the android
I have tried it a few times now

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Did you unplug the power, how long has it been like this. Normally this reset the box, then you should reboot. Do you have anything plugged in the USB ports, if you have unplug and try again. If you go on YouTube there's videos on this, how to factory reset my T8 droidbox. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Jewell

Mar 31, 2015
No joy I'm
Afraid
It always goes straight to the android loading screen with boot on the front of the box
I shall leave it overnight on this screen and see if it's any different in the morning

Failing that have you any idea who I should be contacting next as I only bought the device two weeks ago !!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Strange, if no joy in the morning use the live chat function on our site(the link is on the front page of this forum). It the little greenish box saying chat or message just click on this and wait.
Can I ask is your Internet on and the router showing no faults....good luck

longjj

Jul 20, 2014
done the factory reset and then it all froze
turn the box off and on again but now i cant access the reset menu
it just goes to the android with the blue thing in the middle of him
i have downloaded the new software and put it on a card but it still dont work

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
What new software?
There hasn't been any software update for the t8 model for a few years.
Did this problem just happen or did you do anything prior to it occurring?

longjj

Jul 20, 2014
i have never done a software update so i downloaded the newest from the T8forum
i wanted to do a reset bcoz the box would not start up
i just got he droidbox logo on the screen and would not start up

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
i have never done a software update so i downloaded the newest from the T8forum
i wanted to do a reset bcoz the box would not start up
i just got he droidbox logo on the screen and would not start up
Format your sd card to fat32 and extract the recovery image zip to the root of it. Recovery image:- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlRdlhGu3fjihyDEPDFsxYcuTrgB r c image is from the dbx t8 firmware d/l link on the forum. Then you can format the sd card again and follow the steps to install new firmware from same forum link.

longjj

Jul 20, 2014
Tried it but still nothing
The box just starts up with the droidbox logo and then goes to the android with the blue thing spinning