gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
Hiya. I currently have a new Macbook Air with the new OS X Yosemite. I also happen to have the Droidbox X7 Ultimate.

I'd like to ask if it is possible to stream off files (photos, music albums, videos, etc.) from my Mac to the X7 via a 3rd-party or pre-installed app?

Please help. Thank you.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Both XBMC and ES File Explorer can do this.
With XBMC, you can set up a network share, and if you like, add your media to XBMC's library.
With ES File Explorer, you can access the shared folders, and open up the media in an appropriate Android application, like MX Player.

Some people have definitely had success, though Macs seem to have caused more issues than Windows/Linux boxes. See http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/osx-importing-media-library.383/ for some more information.

gino76ph

Aug 22, 2014
May i ask which app and/or settings i need to open?

What procedure(s) i need to follow please?

Thank you.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@gino76ph Did you read the thread I linked to? It has a link in the first post that guides you through importing files into XBMC's library via a network share and accessing network shares via ES File Explorer. If you encounter a problem, let us know exactly what you've clicked on/set up on your DroidBOX and Apple device, and any relevant error messages.

Reactions: gino76ph