rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
i tried watching movies with another method as opposed to others i mentioned in my other post on this issue.

i d/l the latest of vuze version 2.1.
it installed and allowed a successful search for a movie selection.
i could go no further after attempting to 'open' the movie.

as i wrote previously, this is exactly the same response i had with terrarium tv /.teatv / onebox/ cinebox.

on my android box i am able to play/open a movie from video addons but with inconsistent results....freezing...bufferring; hit or miss really.

a friend who advised me to try apk apps and vuze [ torrent ] as an alternative tells me they all work ok on his android phone.
rj

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you remind us which droidbox model you have and which version of android is running?
Someone here may have the same set up and can attempt to replicate.
I can say that most of the Apks you quote work well on an old droidbox T8 (android 4.4.2).
I have seen connection error messages with moviehd on no name mxq machines I have set up for friends.
Everything works good on a droidbox t8s plus (android 5) and t8 mini (android 6)

I would still be inclined to check your internet connectivity by running a few speedtest on the box itself using something like ookla speedtest. Remember an Ethernet connection is always better than WiFi.
Is there any chance your ISP is blocking your connections?
Do other apps or Kodi addons misbehave?

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
chrism,
i visited the website as per your link [ chrome browser ] and the page showed a list of related links and the top of the page read ..' samplevideos.com' for sale or hire.

i searched for kodi/dbmc player and got dropboxdb addon.

nigelar,

i have a mxq pro 4k android 5.1 amlogic s905.
netflix , mobdro and youtube apps for example, work ok ; as does my kodi app [krypton 17.6 ] but unreliable addons with freezing buffering no streams.....if i get lucky a movie will work perfectly from start to finish .

i checked the connectivity after reading that netflix requires between 0.7 and 5.0 to work ok.
my reading was over 17.

i do not know how to find out if my isp is blocking my connections.[ should i try a vpn ]

as i mentioned earlier in my post i have been trying alternative ways of watching movies other than kodi addons and yesterday i tried connecting an external usb flash drive containing a few movies.

using my file browser app it loaded and displayed the content within the drive .
i clicked on a selected movie but it would not open/play.....same problem again.

i also tried a music f/d with the same result.

rj

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would try VLC player as the default video player as that will tackle most formats and play anything.
If that fails, if you have a Droidbox supplied machine (which I assume you have as you have not said any different) and it is still under warranty I would contact support direct with an explanation of your problem.