Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Morning,

Is Sports Devil still up and running . I've tried several installations from various add-ons just lately but all I get is an error message saying Web Request Failed.

Having searched the forums it appears that it's working for some and not for others, just like to know for definite as I've wasted enough time already. It was working for me until quite recently however nothing at all now. If it is working for you please can you let me into your secret, many thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think there were issues with the 2017 12 03 version held by the looking glass repo.
I notice that they have reverted to an earlier version now 2017 - 08 -20.
You could download that as a temporary measure until a fix version becomes available.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Nigelar,

thanks for your reply, you must be getting fed up with me!!

I've installed the version that you suggested and an error message appears immediately after saying check log for details which to be honest means nothing to me as my brain is not that way inclined!! Assuming I can get into the Sports Devil log what exactly would I be looking for and how do I put it right.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I can't find any evidence that sports devil is being maintained officially since the closedown on many add-ons back in late November.
The version in looking glass which they seem to have hastingly withdrawn looks like it might have been a flawed fork with an updated version number.
The last official version was dated something like 2017- 11 - 01 or similar. Back versions may still be on your box. If you press the "update" button on the add-on you may see some of those back versions. If so, look for one with a November date.
Note because no maintenance is currently being done, many links will be down giving the sorts of errors you are seeing.