Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Guys, please can someone help me as I've spent a good deal of the holiday trying to overcome Sports Devil error messages and it's driving me mad!!

I'm running Kodi 17.4 and believe that I've managed to install the latest version of Sports Devil through the Looking Glass repo. Anyway I'm getting the following Sports Devil error message check log for information which I've managed to do though to be honest it means little to me and doesn't tell me how to correct it. Also getting the Sports Devil message web request failed when trying to access any sports channels. I did try the Ares Wizard but was unaware that it is no longer active. Any help greatly appreciated, many thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you tried using a vpn?
Many many sports links fail without one.
Sports devil like all sports addons can also be very hit and miss so the errors you are seeing are likely not due to anything you are doing.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Hi Nigelar

Many thanks for your reply and advice, I've since added IPVanish however to no avail, no matter what add-on I try all sports channels come up with the SportsDevil error Web Request Failed message. So very frustrating, any other advice please, good job it's the winter otherwise the box would be going out the window!! This problem has only recently appeared and I'm not aware that I've changed any settings

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
As much as a I recommend installing add-ons individually, for the purposes of trouble shooting, have you tried installing (a regularly updated) pack from a Wizard, and checking if their installation of SD works OK?
Might also be worth checking who your ISP is, in case there is any VOLUNTARY blocking that can be turned off. https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/uk-isps-blocking-content-how-to-remove-their-filters/ goes through a few.

Markie57

Nov 5, 2017
Morning Chris

Many thanks for your reply, yes I'm with Virgin so followed your instructions but to no avail I'm afraid as I still receive the error message. As soon as I've installed Sports Devil an error message appears saying check log for details which to be honest means nothing to me as my brain is not that way inclined!! Assuming I can get into the Sports Devil log what exactly would I be looking for and how do I put it right. Sorry to be a pain but as someone who loves their sport you can understand my frustration. I have the install from Looking Glass repo version 2017.07.22 which I understand is working for others