owen81

Sep 28, 2023
Hi,
I currently have an Anbernic RG351P but am going to upgrade to either the retroid pocket 3+ or 2S. From what I can see both if these have very similar processors both octacore with 2 x A75 and 6 x A55 cores. I would go for the 4GB RAM if I got the 2S so the same again. The only main difference I can see is the processor speed of the 3+ is 2 GHz and the 3S is 1.8 GHz. So what difference will this actually make in practice? I'd like to be able to play some PS2 games if possible, will both devices manage this? I assume both will cope with N64, Saturn, PSP, and GameCube?

StuDroiX

Staff member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi,
I currently have an Anbernic RG351P but am going to upgrade to either the retroid pocket 3+ or 2S. From what I can see both if these have very similar processors both octacore with 2 x A75 and 6 x A55 cores. I would go for the 4GB RAM if I got the 2S so the same again. The only main difference I can see is the processor speed of the 3+ is 2 GHz and the 3S is 1.8 GHz. So what difference will this actually make in practice? I'd like to be able to play some PS2 games if possible, will both devices manage this? I assume both will cope with N64, Saturn, PSP, and GameCube?
Hi, yes the difference is minimal and both will handle N64, Saturn, PSP, and GameCube emulation though more demanding titles may not perform at 60fps and also depends on the resolution the game is run at. Please be aware though for PS2, on the pocket 3 plus and 2S will only handle some PS2 titles, but not the more demanding ps2 titles. For PS2 gaming, have you considered the AYN Odin Pro. Please see the video on the listing for more details: AYN Odin Pro - DroiX - https://droix.co.uk/product/ayn-odin-pro/