Fintan

Mar 31, 2016
UKtv has not worked on Kodi since January, so I looked at alternative ways of getting it going, and I've now installed it as an app on the XBMC, it works great, but my issue is this: I can't seem to scroll up or down IN the app itself using the remote control, or the mini-pad that came with it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. (Footnote; the app doesn't seem to fit within the tv screen perfectly, so maybe I'm missing something at the side of the screen?? Just a thought)
From a confused newbie...!!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have uktvnow working as an android app if that is what you mean.
I don't have a problem scrolling through channels.
When viewing programs there is an icon (towards the bottom right of the screen if i recollect) to make the picture full screen. Depending on the source used this may not completely fill the screen.

Fintan

Mar 31, 2016
Hi Nigelar, thanks for the reply. Yes it's an android app I have (I'm not familiar with the jargon...!), the problem I have is the opposite of what you've stated above. I can't see the sides of the home screen, therefore can't see if there's a scroll bar to use for navigation up and down etc. I have a mini keyboard but that doesn't seem to scroll either...

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may be able to resize the display in more settings from the home page. At any rate i do not use the scroll bars, i drag the screen up and down keeping ok held down on my vip remote. Do up and down arrows work as well once you have focus on the screen?

Fintan

Mar 31, 2016
I'm afraid not, I just can't scroll, period. If I know what I'm looking for I can access the search box, but can't scroll through the home screen in All Channels or any of the sub-screens at all. Bothersome, and a pity cos it's a great app...

Fintan

Mar 31, 2016
Thank you very VERY much Busapaul, that has sorted my problem brilliantly...!! Simple thing when ya know what your doing....thanks again..!

Reactions: ChrisM

Allreal82

Jan 11, 2017
Hi, I am having a similar problem, I have version 8.1 installed on my Zoomtak Android Box. On the last version the up and down arrows scrolled through the TV stations but no longer seems to work, just seems to highlight at bottom of the screen, I can choose stations through the search bar but its just a little frustrating. I just have remote that came with box and an air mouse remote, anybody have any ideas?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So. oes dragging the screen up and down with the air mouse work (keep ok button held down)?

Allreal82

Jan 11, 2017
Hi, thanks for the reply, no not working for scrolling, even with holding OK and down arrow still nothing, worked before latest update, air mouse works on everything else, would be great if it was still available as an add-on but sure look! Any other suggestions, cheers, Al

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It's all working for me on a Droidbox t8. Make sure you have latest version (8.1).

Allreal82

Jan 11, 2017
Yeh it is 8.1, the app installer keeps failing when I try to uninstall anything, Wonder if this may have anything to do with it?

Allreal82

Jan 11, 2017
Does anyone know how I could fresh start all my apps to factory settings without app installer cooperating?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The best way to uninstall anything is by going to android settings - apps , click on the app, click force stop,then uninstall.
I usually install using Chrome or ES file explorer to download and then guide the install process.

If you want to fresh start you would need to do a factory reset. I don't know what the zoomtak process is for that, possibly similar to Droidbox's. Depends on the machine you have. Why do you want to fresh start? They will all need updating again then. Plus it will only fresh start those apps present at the time was purchased. All apps downloaded since will be erased.

Allreal82

Jan 11, 2017
Yeh you are right, either way a found a way to delete the app and redownloaded 8.1 to ensure I had it, same issue, it will highlight the all channels and will scroll to search bar area but when I scroll down just highlights the add again! I can make do but it's annoying and worst part is I don't understand what's wrong

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Well to me it is easy, but I do understand the problem you are having.
To repeat what I do.
With the air mouse.
Point mouse somewhere on screen.
Hold down OK button to get focus.
Pull (drag) screen up or down while keeping OK button depressed.

Does holding down the ok button and dragging screen work on other apps? E.g. You tube where you drag a video "off screen" to close it down. Google play where you drag the screen up and down to view items?

Reactions: ChrisM

Allreal82

Jan 11, 2017
Oh my God I'm such a retard! didn't realise what you meant! I was pushing the OK button and pressing down the arrow rather than just moving the remote, it does work, thank you very much and terrible sorry for wasting your time