triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Hi
I have just done a factory reset on my T8 SE to fix a problem with TV shows not working and all is good on that front now. However, after re installing my addons, I am having a problem with Rising Tides. When I try to install from the repository i get a 'Live resolver, installation failed' message followed by a 'failed to install a dependancy' message. Has something happened recently (I watched something last night with no issues) or have I missed something?
thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
First thing make sure you have version 1.4.16 of rising tides (recently updated).
Current version of live resolver is 0.1.50

A reboot of kodi sometimes kicks everything into shape.

I dont use medusa.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
OK, I have 1.14.16 version for rising tides. Not sure where to check for live resolver.
How do I reboot kodi?
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It should auto update
When i say reboot kodi it just means close kodi down using whatever kodi shut down control button is present on the skin you use ( in the confluence skin i use it is botton left on the screen) then restart it from android.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
when I power up the box it goes into Lirelec unless I press a button on the remote to go to android. In librelec I did a soft reboot which got rid of all my addons so reinstalled them and still got the same problem with rising tides. Is there something else I can try?
Oh, looking on line it looks like the Medussa repo has been closed down for the time being so that explains that one!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ah I didn't know you were using Librelec.
i only use android and it is working there as I watched Burnley beating Cardiff this afternoon (hurrah).

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
I'll have a look at Android and see if I can get any joy there.
Tranmere man myself, 6 pointer today v MK dons!

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Ok so in Android I clicked the Kodi app and went through the install repo procedure and everything went ok. When I try and open the Rising Tides addon tho, I get a 'Rising Tides error, check log for details' message. Eeverything seems to go as it should but it falls down at the final step. Am i missing something?

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Tried a factory reset but still no good! Are there any other decent sport addons I can try? I'm using sport365 which is ok but some others I've seen are in the maverick repo which no longer seems to work.
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try Joker sports or supremacy sports.
There is nothing wrong with rising tides on my box running android/kodi 18 though so it must be something with your set up or the menu choice you are using. Some menu choices on many addons return errors while other options work ok.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Have you tried going to install from repository and updating the Rising Tides Repo to version 1.0, then install the jsergio repo from the rising tides repo if you don't already have it, reboot kodi and check ResolveURL is version 5.0.28

To check ResolveURL go to > settings > system > add-ons > manage dependencies > find ResolveURL and update it if it's not the latesd version 5.0.28

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
This is driving me mad! I have version 1.4.18 for RT, Resolve 5.0.28, RT repo 1.o. Installed the jsergi repo but the only addons there were Cartoon n and Adult swim.
I can download the RT repo no problem but when I go to addons and try and install RT it falls down.
I'm wondering if maybe its something to do with my specific IP address similar to the issue I had with all the tv shows disappearing (fixed by a factory reset). Is that likely?
Maybe its time to get a VPN set up. What are your recommendations for VPN and how do I set one up.
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
One maybe last thing to try.
Check your isp security settings.
Some can prevent you accessing addons.
They could have been switched "on" inadvertantly or following an upgrade.
Regarding vpn, you could try a free one from google play as a temporary test and see if it allows access.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
So, I have tried installing the Mygica app and installing RT from there. Allows me to install the addon from the repo but then falls down. I have taken a 1 month trial of IP vanish and done a reset again so need to know how to open the VPN (pref in Librelec) so it runs in the background whilst I re install my addons. Is this possible or do I have to be in Android?
As an aside, when I switch to Android or boot to Android I find the box freezes on the welcome screen (it does the moving graphics bit but then freezes on the Droidbox sign with the web address umderneath). I have to turn the box off and on to get it going and then go through the language, connections and screen set up each time. Is this normal?
Sorry to be a nuisance but I was very pleased with this box, especially when I had RT working, and am starting to loose the will to live now!
Thanks in advance

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Think I'll have to give up on this. I have IP Vanish now installed, did a reboot and still get the same problem. Strangely, RT is running ok on my old T8 box running the Mygica fork, go figure!