Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Learn more and buy the RG350 from https://droix.net/collections/retro-gaming-handhelds/products/rg350-retro-gaming-handheld

NOTE: Custom firmwares are installed at your own risk. They will not break your device but software could be unfinished, unoptimised or not work at all. DroiX provide no official support for custom firmwares.

Download
Download RG350 custom firmware v1.5 from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ae4ifght9KLp18v8uPCFFkLJJ85TlK8I/view?usp=sharing

Update from v1.5 to v1.6 file - https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/RG-350/Latest Firmware/v1.6_upgradepack.7z

Installation
If you are not on firmware v1.5, you can follow our step by step guide how to write the image at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-flash-custom-firmware-on-rg350/

Once you are on v1.5, you can follow the guide at https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-update-custom-firmware-for-the-rg350/ for how to update from v1.5 to 1.6

Changelog v1.6 11/11/19
*Update 2019-10-27-2 latest stable opk update to base image see below
Restored USB-HID support
Fix shutdown button
Fixed rumble when enabling device
Added zear's libshake support
Added Sharpness adjustment, Power + Up / Down
Force joystick mode moved to Power + B
Fixed delay on joystick mode
Bigger dead-zone for joystick mode
*New skin v1.1 DekUI made by me :slight_smile: still work in progress
*New UI GmenuNX optional frontend can be installed & unistalled
*New app ST-SDL terminal
*New updated emulator pcsx4all Rumble_2.opk
*Replaced the missing gngeo emulator from last release
*new game Arkanoid
*new game Cavestory
*new game Eduke32
*new game GhoulsAndGhostsRemix-0.56-1
*new game minislug
*new game oda_freedoom
*new game OpenBOR-2014.06.03
*new game prboom251019
*new game Quake-1.0-GCWZero-gles1
*new game SDLQuake2
*new game quake3
*new game SORRv51

andybz

Nov 13, 2019
Seems the website is down right now. Is the update mirrored anywhere else?

Update: it's back

Last edited:

Titan

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks very much for this. I recently got an RG-350 and upgraded to firmware v1.5 which works great. I'd like to do the upgrade to v1.6 but can't seem to get it to work (sorry if I'm a bit dense!).

I follow the instructions (I think!) and extract the v1.6 firmware update file to my laptop in its own folder. This creates a folder with 3 folders (APPS, DekUI and upgrade pack) and a v1.6 upgrade text file. So I then copy it all, within its holding folder, to the root of the Micro SD card, but when I place it into the RG-350 and power it up there's no update icon there.

I'm obviously doing something wrong and have tried a few various things to make the 'upgrade firmware' icon appear on the screen of the RG-350, but clearly haven't got something right.

NoobixCube

Nov 14, 2019
Thanks very much for this. I recently got an RG-350 and upgraded to firmware v1.5 which works great. I'd like to do the upgrade to v1.6 but can't seem to get it to work (sorry if I'm a bit dense!).

I follow the instructions (I think!) and extract the v1.6 firmware update file to my laptop in its own folder. This creates a folder with 3 folders (APPS, DekUI and upgrade pack) and a v1.6 upgrade text file. So I then copy it all, within its holding folder, to the root of the Micro SD card, but when I place it into the RG-350 and power it up there's no update icon there.

I'm obviously doing something wrong and have tried a few various things to make the 'upgrade firmware' icon appear on the screen of the RG-350, but clearly haven't got something right.

Ensure the APPS folder from the upgrade pack didn't get renamed when you copied it onto the SD card. The OS Upgrade opk file should end up inside the APPS folder on the SD card. In my case, I used a Chromebook to copy it over, and for some reason, instead of merging the folders, or asking if I wanted them merged, it just renamed the APPS folder to APPS (1), instead. If that happens, then the OS on the RG350 won't know to look in that folder for the upgrade app.

Titan

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks very much NoobixCube. I've tried extracting the compressed v1.6 file straight to the Micro SD card but it's still not working. The extracted file creates a folder with 3 folders and a text file within it. This is what I see:

The compressed file on the left (pic below) is what I extract directly to the external Micro SD card:

wMROrPW

wMROrPW.jpg

And this is what's inside that parent folder:

gWJ8wsX

gWJ8wsX.jpg

The APPS folder has the RG350-update-2019-10-27-2.opk file within it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong please?

Last edited:

NoobixCube

Nov 14, 2019
The APPS, DekUI, and upgrade pack folders should each be on the root of the SD card, not inside any parent folder. That is to say, D:\APPS, D:\DekUI and D:\upgrade pack should all exist.

Titan

Nov 13, 2019
Thank you, I really appreciate your help. That appeared to do the trick. I'm just copying over the other Apps now and that should do it. Cheers :)

Last edited:

Titan

Nov 13, 2019
Happy to say it's all done, although some of the original Apps aren't provided (the 'zelda' game etc,) and Quake 3 doesn't run (black screen and returns to rg350 'Games' menu). Haven't checked the firmware fully yet.