spunkyjam

Dec 23, 2019
My RG-300 battery has stopped working. Does anyone know what battery this is? as its not a BP-5L ive tried replacing it and the connections are different.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I checked on one of our devices and it does say BP-5L but there are some differences with the contacts being in the middle or side of the battery depending where you look for one. The contacts are on the side and not in the middle. Check on ebay for example and confirm with the seller if the three contacts are on the side.

spunkyjam

Dec 23, 2019
I have looked everywhere and i can not find the correct battery with the right contacts. I have checked ebay and asked sellers but they all say the contacts are in the middle. This battery is impossible to find. is there an alternative i can use?

chipbutty

Mar 20, 2020
The concensus on this is there is no equivalent anywhere. I've looked high and low and read many discussion forums on the same subject. The only alternative is to use a BL-5C. This battery is smaller both in size and capacity so you will need to secure it in the battery bay with someting like foam or card. I have several BL-5C batteries and they work fine in the RG300. Here is a rather nice solution https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rg300-battery-adapter/