sandro

Sep 6, 2017
My friend has an android box and is new to these things. i would like some help how i can make changes and add apps to his android box from my home using a windows laptop or android tablet. i tried using team viewer but i could only see his box but i could control his box from my house. any suggestions please.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
My friend has an android box and is new to these things. i would like some help how i can make changes and add apps to his android box from my home using a windows laptop or android tablet. i tried using team viewer but i could only see his box but i could control his box from my house. any suggestions please.
Hi

This depends on the CPU manufacturer.Depending on the CPU depends weather teamviewer will be able to initiate remote control or not.

Can you tell us which box model do your friend have?

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@sandro The first time your friend runs QuickSupport on his device, tell him to keep a careful eye out for a message regarding an Add-on being available from TeamViewer. If it is offered, tell them to follow the link and install the add-on. Once installed, you'll be able to remotely control his device. As 8bitdev mentioned above, not all devices have an add-on.
If they think there might have been a message, clear QuickSupport's data (Settings>Apps>QuickSupport>Clear Data>Confirm , though Settings>Apps might be different depending on the launcher and Android version). Run the app again now and it'll think it hasn't been run before, if an add-on is available, it will offer again.

If that doesn't help, time to try a different system, https://alternativeto.net/software/teamviewer-quicksupport/ has some, but I've NOT tested any/scanned for malware etc