Rit

Feb 21, 2015
Hi I have had my T8-S Plus V2 and the remote control that comes with it for less than a year and the remote suddenly stopped working. I changed the batteries and still no joy. The odd thing is I still had the previous older version of the T8 plus v1 remote and that too stopped working the same time, so I know it isn't the remotes itself. Is this something to do with the T8 software ? I noticed that if I removed the dongle from the box then the older remote worked, but then I could not use the keyboard that I bought separately years ago. I prefer using the remote so please can someone tell me what the issue is and how it can be fixed

Rit

Feb 21, 2015
Hello there thank you for your response, however both my remotes have the red,green, yellow and blue buttons at the top. with Play, Stop,RWD and FWD amongst other functions on it. The most recent one was only bought end of April this year with the new T8-S Plus V2

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I don't know which model you are referring to then. Can you point to the relevant model on the droidbox accessories page?
The VIP remote model version 1 quoted in the article I posted has those coloured buttons.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You could also try this test that @ChrisM had recommended to see if the remotes are faulty (reading your post again I believe you have the default remote supplied with the box rather than a purchased one).

"Assuming you have put new batteries in the infrared remote control, and nothing is blocking the M8's infrared sensor, might be worth checking the remote is actually sending IR codes... take a mobile phone, open the camera app, switch to the front facing (selfie) lens, point a TV infrared remote at the phone's front camera and press some buttons. You should see the IR LED on the top of the remote flash. If it does, now repeat with the M8 infrared remote control. If it too flashes, then issue likely to be with the box itself, not the remote."

Failing that, the clue seems to be that the usb dongle keyboard seems to be interrupting the RF signal from the remote. Were the remotes working successfully before even with the dongle attached?

Rit

Feb 21, 2015
Hello there, yes these remotes came with the box. I did not buy them seprately from the site. I have attached the photo of them. As I said the older version on the right of the picture works only if i remove the dongle, which is odd. The more recent one on the left does not work at all. Yes the rmeotes have been working fine with the keyboard dongle. I have had it for several years. I will try what you suggest but do you think it is wothwhile to buy a new remote from site

Attachments

• remote 1 and 2.jpg
    remote 1 and 2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 242

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I find the VIP remotes with in built keyboard excellent so if you want to use one remote instead of a separate remote/keyboard i would get one.
The most recent one I bought (2 weeks ago) was the VIP plus remote.