Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Everybody,
Severe Judder on movie playback....this is particularly noticeable when the camera pans from left to right/right to left. I don't think it is a connection problem as I am on Fibre...

Can anyone suggest some settings that might help please, as it's driving me mad.

Droid..T8-S Plus.

Cheers - Any help would be brill - Thanks You Lot!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You could try experimenting with android display settings. Try 1080p24Hz or 1080p60Hz and see if they make a difference.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Panning from left to right and causing a judder could be screen tearing, common on consoles. Try a new HDMI cable or even the settings on the TV its self. I had to adjust the refresh rate for my X One through my TV as when playing a fps I had that issue. Try it for your T8 then save the settings that work best.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Don't think it's tearing mate - it is basically the whole of the frame freezes for a Nano second then springs back into life again. It is definitely frame judder, and is something to do with the frames per second ratio.
I know that movies are recorded at 24 fps but to be honest, I would have thought that the Droidbox should be able to handle "Smooth Playback" in converting this frame rate. I have tried many of the settings in Kodi but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone else have this problem??????

Any help or guidance from anyone would be most welcome....

Regards,
Ray(str)

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you tried going to system, Video and then playback. Now go to Adjust display frame rate, should be on the right.
Set this to Always and try, what this does is change the refresh rate of each program to match the original.

It might work.

Reactions: shah nissar

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Not tried that David....but anything is worth a try......
Much obliged mate.......
Regards,
Ray(str)

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I had a problem with this. I started playing around with the settings. My tv is 5ohz. I changed my settings to 24FPS and also chose the option to match the TV frame rate.
Its spot on and as smooth as silk now. Hope this helps.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Great Replies - Thanks you lot!
To be honest, I have altered the frame rate to "Adjust Refresh Rate"=Always! and this still hasn't cured the problem I have altered the resolution down to 50Hz, and even played around with the FPS (Frame Rate)
but confess, I haven't tried 24 fps, so this is worth a shot.

It is really frustrating when it "skips" and to describe this to you guys......if the action pans from left to right, or right to left, or even up and down, it has a brief stutter. It's like pressing the PAUSE button for a nano of a second,
and then playing again.

I will check the refresh rate of the TV (A Sony Bravia) just in case it is causing problems but I doubt it. A really good clue is this: BEFORE I WENT INTO THE WORLD OF THE DROIDBOX, I used to stream
with the Sk* Now service on the same TV...with a perfectly smooth result.....Strange!

Ray.

Ray(str)

Nov 4, 2015
Tried pretty much everything today.....think I might have to live with it...pretty stumped now!

30meg, so it isn't my internet feed..........I have started to experiment a bit....removed OpenELEC (just used Kodi) problem still there, so it's not OpenELEC. Played around with all the settings including refresh rate,
and frame rate even switched between the codecs being offered for acceleration, no bloody chance! Tried altering the settings in Android, changing the resolution but again it doesn't help.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the Droid Box itself?????????
Don't think so though, cause I have had the same problem on two separate boxes the T8s and also the T8s+

interesting one though Silently....you mention trying DBMC......yes, why not! I'll try anything now.

Strangely, when I play a video from Ultimate Whitecream, it is perfect (although buffering is pretty bad) but as soon as I try a movie, (FROM WHATEVER SOURCE) it's horrendous.

Oh What Fun eh?

Thanks again guys!

Ray(str)

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi Ray, sorry my suggestions aint helped. My settings worked perfect for me so thought it might help. I used 24fps and I cant fault it but it all depends on TV.
Dave