retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
What is the best and most updated operating system (firmware) and emulators for RS97? is any still in development?

I know 3 systems but I don't know which is the best

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It is more up to date than the original firmwares. You will need to open the device to access the SD card, you will also need to fully overwrite the card. I would recommend backing up the SD card or using a different card to try it.

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
1) RetroFW is the best firmware for RS97? is it superior to native firmware and dingux?

2) Is it possible to find the board version of my RS97 without opening the device?
I didn't want to open the device because it is new

3) is it possible to easily update RetroFW without formatting or reinstalling the entire system and files?

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
1 - It will have more emulators and games
2 and 3 - Please see earlier reply.
1) Which system has the most developed, advanced Snes, Arcade and Mega Drive emulators with better emulation, less errors and fewer bugs?

2) Does the RS-07 Retrogame manual with analog 360 not have any manufacturing date or information that allows me to discover the board version without opening the console?

3) RetroFW can only be installed on the internal card of the console it cannot be installed on the internal card but using the USB cable to transfer data and also format the internal card?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
As already explained, install the RetroFW it has the latest OS and emulators.

2 and 3 - You will need to open the device to see the board version and to remove the SD card to install the firmware. You can not update it any other way other than flashing the image via the method explained in the guide.

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
1) Whenever I launch a new firmware version, will I have to open the device and remove the card?

2) Is checking the card version and removing the card more difficult in the RS97 version or in the plus version?

3) I have a technical friend in electronics and he said that installing firmware other than the original firmware UselessRS97 non-original firmware decreases the useful life of the device RS-97, less useful life of the capacitors and other components is this information true? firmware non-original stress the components?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
1 . You will need to remove the card and install any firmware updates on your PC for any firmware installation.
2. It is the same.
3. As far as I know installing a custom firmware will not cause any more or less strain on the components. The only exception would be if you overclock the device which you would do yourself.

Reactions: retrogamerfan

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
1 . You will need to remove the card and install any firmware updates on your PC for any firmware installation.
2. It is the same.
3. As far as I know installing a custom firmware will not cause any more or less strain on the components. The only exception would be if you overclock the device which you would do yourself.

RetroFW is the best system for RS97? retrofw is better than Dingux, Useless and any other system?

Will I always have to open the device to install a new RetroFW firmware version? Does the first installation of RetroFW not allow future updates without opening the console?

Does RetroFW ocverclock on RS97 stressing hardware components?

I have two units of RS97, one unit I constantly play the other unit is kept, what tips to conserve and preserve all the electronics of the unit that is stored?

Can RS97 good emulate the SNES and Arcade 90s well or does it not have enough power for this?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Both devices use the same processor (JZ4760), so their overall performance is similar. The difference mostly lies in the physical attributes (shape/size).
We can't comment on the LDK Landscape, as we've never had any units in, but the RS-97 Plus is a solid, versatile handheld. In addition, updating the firmware is a lot easier/safer too (as the SD card can be exposed via the battery compartment, meaning you don't have to entirely disassemble the device like you did with the Pro).

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
On the white RS97 Plus, to see the version number of the card, is it necessary to disassemble the entire console? is the card glued with adhesive tape?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
The microSD card is located underneath the battery compartment. To access it, all you'll need to do is open said compartment (remove one screw and squeeze the clip holding the lid in place), lift up the battery, then slide out the card.

This is different to the Pro, wherein you had to unscrew and detach the two halves of the unit in order to access the internal microSD card.

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
In the RS97 Plus white to see the version number of the board is it necessary to disassemble the entire console?
To download the firmware RetroFW do I have to disassemble the entire device and see the board version?

What is the official website of RetroFW for RS97 Plus?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
To see the version number of the board, you would need to disassemble your device.
To update the firmware in any way, you do not need to disassemble the device (that is one of the notable improvements over the Pro - it's much easier and safer to update the firmware).

The retroFW website can be found here: https://jutleys.wixsite.com/retrogamers97-90/home/

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
this website you posted the official RetroFW developer website?

I couldn't find the downloads referring to RS97 Is there any tip to find out the version of the board without disassembling the device? on Useless97 it shows some information about the board

What is the version of the MAME emulator and FinalBurn Alpha emulator used in RetroFW 2.2 for RS97? to download the roms i need to know the version of the emulators to have compatibility

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Yes, it's the site where the developers upload the latest updates to the firmware.
To download the firmware for your respective device, just click the screen of your device.
I think the one we sell currently is the V2 IPS (originally the IPS was only for the limited run of blue coloured units - the upgrade has since then been applied to the regular lineup). You can tell the version by tilting the screen - if there's heavy discoloration, you have an older model with a non-IPS screen.

Regarding emulator versions, this is something you'd need to ask the developers about, as changes happen fairly often.

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
In the useless 97 menu of the white RS97 Plus there is no showing the version of the board without opening the device?

I need to download the MAMe compatible roms from RetroFW 2.2 to RS97 but I don't know the developers' contact email