retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
Is the Audio on the Dingoo A320 superior to the audio on the RS97 Plus because the A320 has 2 stereo speakers?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
We can't verify any comparison in this case as we've never had the A320's in stock. However, note that stereo doesn't always mean better audio quality (the speakers may be cheap and "tinny" sounding).
Also on such a small device, the benefits of two speakers are less noticable (since the audio is coming from the same general direction anyway).
The RS-97's speaker is pretty good for the pricepoint, in any case. It fills its purpose just fine. I wouldn't advise using it at the max volume level however, as the sound may come across as slightly distorted.

retrogamerfan

May 20, 2020
Is stereo always better than mono? Dingoo A320 uses two speakers and RS97 uses one speaker?
stereo seems more defined

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
It mostly depends on the purpose.
Stereo audio means that the audio is mixed into two channels. So for example, one channel might play music louder, the other may play sound effects louder.
This allows for a more immersive experience, but at the same time requires the audio to be mixed for it by the game/emulator developers (otherwise it might as well be Mono).

In addition, if the speakers are located close together, it's much harder to notice the benefits as the sound will all be coming from the same general direction.

STLegend

Jun 12, 2020
I can help here as I have both the Dingoo A320 and Rs-97 Anniversary Edition. I'll dig my Dingoo out tomorrow and test. If I can do a brief video file to upload and its not too big, i'll even post that.