riclin

Sep 16, 2020
Hi all - I wonder whether somebody has a suggestion regarding a rather weird issue following a firmware reflash to this device? After inadvertently blowing away /system/bin/toybox which left the device unbootable (don't ask!!) I decided that reinstalling the firmware would be the quickest fix. Burned Q-Plus-H6-9.0-2.1.16.img to an SD card and reflashed - all seemed OK. However after the flash this 4GB/32GB box now only addresses 2GB/16GB. (these are raw hardware values - not the available ram/rom capacity after OS & app installation). It appears that I've lost a bit somewhere!

Any clues as to what has gone wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

riclin

Steve Rand

Sep 11, 2020
ohhhh damn. I just checked mine that I flashed a few days ago and spent hours setting up.... its now showing 2gb and 16gb storage. The firmware usually has to be the right one for the box like there is no "detection" of ram/flash.

riclin

Sep 16, 2020
I have written to Turewell asking for a link to the correct firmware. I will repost here if/when I get a reply.

Steve Rand

Sep 11, 2020
I have written to Turewell asking for a link to the correct firmware. I will repost here if/when I get a reply.
Awesome thanks. i get a notification when there is a reply to this thread. Good luck! I think if we flash the correct zip via SD card it might update without wiping the user partition.

riclin

Sep 16, 2020
Not confident about the likelihood of not losing data - the flash process clears all memory in my experience. Backup, backup, backup!