brees91812

May 8, 2015
Hi, I have literally opened the box to my new Droidbox T8-S and I have to say it looks a good bit of kit but when I started kodi on it I am getting a problem, I have infusum and have it enabled through iptv simple client on another android box which works fine but when I try to enable iptv simple client on my new Droidbox it keeps disabling.
I enable the client but when I try to enable tv settings it searches for pvr clients and tells me no pvr addon is enabled, I check and notice it is disabled again, i have tried it over and over again but keeps disabling itself
Help please!!!!

brees91812

May 8, 2015
Thanks for the reply, I have already seen this thread but couldn't get any answers from it because I have already tried SPMC and even downloaded a stand alone version of kodi as well but they are all the same, when I go to system/system info the pvr service at the bottom of the list is shaded out.

brees91812

May 8, 2015
Thanks so much again for the reply, I use seo-michael for most issues and for the latest updates and I have seen that particular link as well, everything he has shown in that link I have done (including changing all the url's to infusum's url's) but nothing seems to be working, I have uninstalled and reinstalled kodi so I can start from scratch but even enabling the pvr as soon as I'd reinstalled didn't stay enabled, I'm at a loss on this, dbmc, dbmc and official kodi are not letting me enable the pvr and yet my £36 android box which I've moved to the bedroom is working fine

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
In kodi - settings - tv - general, is the "enabled" (top button) set?

brees91812

May 8, 2015
As i have the T8-S plus I can change to openelec which I've never used before but when I just tried this it is doing exactly the same as kodi on android, I'm starting to think there is a problem with the box now because I have tried 4 different versions now and they are all doing the same thing, if anybody can help it would be much appreciated otherwise I think I'll be sending the box back

brees91812

May 8, 2015
It isn't just iptv simple client, i have tried a lot and they are all the same, as soon as the tv is enabled it scans for pvr clients and says no pvr add on enabled then let's me choose from the entire list again and I'm back to square one

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Forget my previous advice If you can msg me your playlist i will experiment on my set up when i get home

brees91812

May 8, 2015
The playlist is fine on my other android box, in fact I have just got it from my bedroom and plugged it back in to my main tv in my living room and I'm now watching sky sports with no problems whatsoever, why it isn't even letting me enable any pvr clients on my Droidbox when it is working quite happily on my other box is weird, I really am thinking there is something wrong with the box

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You didn't send me the url.

Never mind, i found a free m3u link.
(h**p://bit.ly/m3ubyinfogw) replace ** with tt.
I set it up exactly according to the instructions.
As it was a remote web file not a local list i ensured that the correct setting was selected in the iptv simple client configuration panel. (location = remote path)
The "tv" item was added to my kodi menu bar.
There are 222 Italian channels to view if i should so desire.
I rebooted the box and everything was still enabled.
I am running official kodi 16.1 on android.
On a t8s+.
So it works.
I doubt there is anything wrong with your box.

Reactions: angela

TheDjiin

Mar 1, 2016
I have the exact same problem, no matter what I do, simple client doesn't stay enabled. When I first enable it, the "Run" dialogue box is grayed out. It just won't have it. This only started happening after the last OTA update...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you post a screen shot please? I don't recognise this "run" dialogue box.

TheDjiin

Mar 1, 2016
Sorry for the outrageous delay in responding, last few weeks has been mad. I didn't manage to get it working at all, tried clean install of dbmc & Kodi itself, still no luck. Even factory reset the box & still the same. Totally given up on it now, must be a problem with some of the boxes, which is a shame, because apart from that it's a great buy. It's just annoying that it won't work. It's there in the PVR list, but as soon as I enable it, it dissappears from the list & on reboot tells me live TV has been enabled without a PVR, then does the same thing each time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Like I said, I'm not totally sure how you did the set up which is why I asked to see a screenshot of the "run" dialogue box you mention. When I did my experiment with a random m3u list I found it set up ok and I can't recollect seeing a Run box. If you want to send me your m3u link by message (click on the inbox tab at head of the forum) I can try it out here.